X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1500 using electric eel cable

Has anybody tried the Electric Eel 1 1/4" model C (inner core) or General (chain core) cable in a K1500. Seems it would be great. Would make the cable self-feeding yet stronger and have the most torque to get free when stuck. The C cable is ran in reverse going in & forward coming out. As you guys know I'm not a big fan of running the K1500 cable in reverse.
    Best, Dennis....

Re: K1500 using electric eel cable

EEL cable's are all I ever run in mine. But I never put the machine in reverse to put them in, the Ridgid spins so fast that you don't need to except starting through a trap. I keep it in the same direction going in as I do coming out If you pick up a big wad of roots and change directions you can get hung coming out. I keep an EEL C at the shop and If I do get hung I can hook up the EEL tighten the clutch and pull it out The EEL turns slower but has more power I use it to get out other guy's cable.

Comment

I have a old K500 with 4HP gas engine and transmission. It's like new since it hardly gets used. I've been thinking about putting a 4 or 5hp electric motor on it for just what you said, getting a cable free.
      Thanks, Dennis....

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis/Ohio View Post
        I have a old K500 with 4HP gas engine and transmission. It's like new since it hardly gets used. I've been thinking about putting a 4 or 5hp electric motor on it for just what you said, getting a cable free.
        Thanks, Dennis....
        good luck. a 2hp. motor is as big as you can plug in. plus a 2hp. electric will out do a 4 hp. gas.

all you need is a timberwolf drill. it will wind a cable up like a pretzel if necessary. but you keep tension on the cable and work it loose.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          good luck. a 2hp. motor is as big as you can plug in. plus a 2hp. electric will out do a 4 hp. gas.
          rick.
          I know that's true but had a dumb attack anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

all you need is a timberwolf drill. it will wind a cable up like a pretzel if necessary. but you keep tension on the cable and work it loose.

rick.
            Rick, have you been wearing your underpants on the outside.
            How strong are you, if mine starts getting over torqued I stop the drill and remove it and have another go.
            I don't want to look like a cartoon character getting flung around in mid air.

Simon
            Last edited by Some Day Plumbing; 06-15-2010, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Sorry D I think I just accidentally hijacked my first post.

Comment

Working...
              X