Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearing in the head of K-60 fixed (Heres how!)

Well, if you read my prior post you know I was struggling with my trusty K-60, first off the problem was my cable wouldn't spin. First replaced Clutch-Jaw to no avail but I needed a fresh one anyway(no hard feelings), so i determined the bearing was bad.(This is the one located in the black nose in the very back of the K60 used to adjust cable diameter's.
    Took nose off and put in vice then I punch it out with a good size socket and hammer. They use Lock-Tite on these so be aware, I had no trouble as the collar and bearing popped right out. Now I went all over Town and couldn't find a match. I did find the ridigid replacment (around $60.00) and One that would work($25.00 and time) both online, so I said to myself. "self, lets fix take that baby apart a get it moving.
    I took both covers off bearing with my trusting winchester pocket knife and put bearing in container with gas and shook it. After cleaning out all the crud and repacking the bearing my k-60 work like the day I got it. I didn't realize how bad it was getting till this was fix. I determine my aggresive use of PB cleaner for lubing cables and cleaning the machine itself had got it the bearing and messed of the grease packing. After I repack this one I did it to my other k-60 which is only 3-4 months old and notice a HUGE difference in speed. Cleaning and Repacking the bearings is now on the monthly maintenance list.

Re: Bearing in the head of K-60 fixed (Heres how!)

auto parts stores carry the bearing. it's a metric size and is stamped on the bearing race. i buy the double shielded bearings usa made for under $20.00.

pretty simple once you've done it.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I noticed mine was getting a little sloppy while doing some maintenance on mine this weekend.
      Better pick a couple up to have in stock.
      Thanks go out to both you guys

Comment

I checked with Autozone, Advanced Auto, and Napa. Plumber rick do you know of a place that I could order online and I was wondering if only part of that number was the bearing I.D. because I come close but no cigar on a exact match. Thanks for your help

Comment

30mm id. x 62mm od, x 16mm wide. bearing trade size 6206

double check these dimensions as i would need to go to my shop and verify them.

if you give them these specs, they should easily be able to cross reference them for you. get the double shielded bearings to keep out the dirt and moisture. not sure what application for a car they fit, but if you find out a car application for the size, then it will be easier in the future to note the model car. who knows, it could be a k-60mobile

but the trade size 6206 is the proper way to order bearings.

should be under $20.00 each

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Perfect, just the info I was looking for. Thanks Rick

Comment

Working...
            X