Happy fathers day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy fathers day

Went on a job the other day that needed my 3800 but I was fixing the switch and putting a new cable in but they needed it done right away so I went to find one in my museum . The ones I needed were in the corner and under the pile not enough time to dig them out.Then I remembered my dad's old van was still parked in the barn still loaded with his equipment since he passed away 15 years ago. I took a quick look at the other equipment he had in there as I grabbed the model N EEL. There was his main line machine what looked like the model C but turned out to be a model B, and a EEL hand machine, shovel, hose, probe , tarp, bucket, plunger and cable, and a few sink and toilet parts. Man that van looked empty compared to what I carry now. there was no auto feed on anything unless you count the model C cable, no jetter, no locater or camera. But we got the drains cleaned with what we had. It was kind of nice to see my son running his grandpa's machine but it was kind of strange it was like I was looking through my dad's eye's at me at that age using that same machine. It hit me how I had changed from the son learning from the father to the father teaching the son. Yea I missed the auto feed but got a whole new appreciation for my dad. Happy Fathers Day Dad to all the dad's who have past on and are still here THANK'S DAD.

Re: Happy fathers day

I hope my son never has to play with poo, but if he does I look forward to feeling the same way as you did.
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

Cat's in the Cradle and a Silver Spoon. Don't make me pull a nose hair and tear up now. Good Story. I run across my Dad's tools all the time. Rarely use them. Things sure have come a long way.

Comment

I grew up with only a mother, but I am looking forward to seeing if I do good on the dad thing. Everything I now is self taught or learned as a trade.
        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Thanks for the story.

My Dad's been gone almost 5 years now.

I stumble across his stuff in the old shed all the time.

Sorry, gotta go, I think I got something in my eye......
          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

scary part is i learned the trade from my uncle when i was 12. that was 35 years ago

even scarier part is my uncle is still working

i too have something in my eye and joey will not let me forget it

thanks for the story

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I grew up in a service truck with my old man. It seems like yesterday he and I were banging service or running blk pipe together. He passed 8 yrs ago and one thing he allways told me was " Son always remember the older you get, the smarter I will have become" We fought like cats and dogs, I cant help but think it was from us being to much alike. Miss you Old Man and THANKS FOR KEEPING A FOOT IN MY TAIL WHEN I NEEDED IT. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY MEN.

Comment

My dad is still around and I hang out with him every chance I get. I can see him aging and it's troubling.

I don't have too many of his tools yet but I'll get them. He was a building contractor before he started pumping and he loves to create things, mostly out of wood, but he works in metal too. He's got some great shop tools, some of them his dads.

I learned alot from my dad. The skills as a good pumper are not near as valuable as the skills as a good dad and a good person in general are.

Thanks dad!
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I been going on jobs with my dad since I was 6 years old. I remember a clogged tub we went on. It had a short cast iron drum trap with a steal plug that was frozen on. He was drilling and cutting it out, while he was saying a few choice words under his breath , the home owner set up a card table and brought me cookies and milk while I watched the old man work in the toughest job I remember.

He is still around, a bit crazy, and still tells me how to do a job when he dispatches it to me. I am still glad he is around, and I learned all about drain and sewer work from him.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
                    I grew up in a service truck with my old man. It seems like yesterday he and I were banging service or running blk pipe together. He passed 8 yrs ago and one thing he allways told me was " Son always remember the older you get, the smarter I will have become" We fought like cats and dogs, I cant help but think it was from us being to much alike. Miss you Old Man and THANKS FOR KEEPING A FOOT IN MY TAIL WHEN I NEEDED IT. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY MEN.
                    Yea me and my dad got in to some good ones too. He was a sargeant in WW 2 and was use to giving orders and having them carried out.But the other day I found his old papers from where he had fought over in Japan and my eyes bugged out when I seen all the bronze battle stars that were listed, it was a wonder how he kept his cool with me. And yes the older I get the smarter I think he was.As a kid he was my hero, as a teen he was a tight wad know nothing, in my 20's he was my friend, in my 30's and 40's he was the smartest man I knew, Now that he is gone he is Legend.

Comment

GT I feel the same way. He had a stoke about 2yrs. before he had died,took his physical tools, but not the metal ones. He ran the office , and I ran the field. he passed over 8 yrs ago and if my cell has not rang in 20 mins I still think that something must be wrong with the old man he has not called. Wish he was still here to drink a pot of coffee with. Rest in peace Old Man.In his immortal words"GIVE EM HELL SON!!!"D##N I got to wipe my eyes yall must have put something in the air. Again Happy Father's Day men.

Comment

The best memory of my father and I was when i was young, about 12 or so. We run a couple calls, my job was to carry in the tool bucket and the cords. Then stand behind the 1065 at the ready to flip the Forward/Neutral/Reverse switch. After the jobs he would take me to Sportsman Race track or Hawthorne , or even Bamoral race track, and let me pick a few horses in a few races. I seemed to be better at picking winners than he was lol. I do miss hanging out with him like that. Now all he does is fight with RH Donnelly (yellow pages for AT&T), spends his every waking hour trying to type up the right legal stuff to prove to a judge that RH Donnelly is trying to screw us over.

Maybe I will take a ride by there tomorrow and take him to Arlington Race track, and we can kill the day there betting the ponies.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Sounds like a good day Ron!

I'm going to go see my folks tomorrow too. We probably won't do much but have lunch, but that's okay!

I can remember many a day riding around in the old septic truck. It was a 1969 Jimmy with a 6-71 Detroit and a straight pipe! To add to the ambiance the passenger seat was metal box, there were holes in the floorboard providing a/c in the winter and heat in the summer. Another fun thing was all the crap dad had rolling around on the floor. One day in particular we were riding along and I got bored, so I picked up a screw driver off the floor and started tossing it at a pop can that was rolling back and forth, I got close to stabbing it on several occasions and after about twenty minutes of doing this I hit it! It spewed pop out of it like it was Old Faithfull! I remember looking at dad like "oh sh!t", he just grinned and said "Drink It".

Happy Fathers Day!
                          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
                          X