X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shots for Drain guys

I remember one of my safety classes, talked about it being an OSHA requirement about getting certain types of shots. Its the same shots medical personal get since we are working with a bio-hazard just like the medical personal.

Also was explained how our workmen's comp is one of the most expensive out there since we deal with many dangers of different trades. ( Confined space, heights, explosive, fire, bio, heavy lifting, rotating machinery)
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

The 2 main things I point out to new jet operators are, confined space monoxide poisoning (speaking from experience) and mist masks to prevent bad bacteria entering the lungs. When the Jetter is working in fresh raw sewerage it can give off a heavy mist made up of a cocktail of germs!

There is also a theory that is backed up by animal workers at the zoo etc, that is if you work in sewerage with your bare hands, your fingernails grow quicker. The poo acts as a fertilizer for your nails!
      Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

"There is also a theory that is backed up by animal workers at the zoo etc, that is if you work in sewerage with your bare hands, your fingernails grow quicker. The poo acts as a fertilizer for your nails!"

I'll tell my wife

Comment

Had a buddy of mine that does alot of remodeling/cutting into sewers for add ons. He use to chews his finger nails alot. Yep you got it salmonella ..Disgusting
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Last year i took a cap off a stack and it was clogged with muck buildup right there. As soon as i went to put the cap back on the clog blew all over my face...Yes i swallowed some and i was nasty...I had to go right to the hospital. They pumped my stomache. I had to get HIV, and some other shot i never heard of. I was current on my Tetnus, Hep shots, and flu shot. I was scared to death. Nothing came of it, but thank god i had my shots!!!!
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
              Last year i took a cap off a stack and it was clogged with muck buildup right there. As soon as i went to put the cap back on the clog blew all over my face...Yes i swallowed some and i was nasty...I had to go right to the hospital. They pumped my stomache. I had to get HIV, and some other shot i never heard of. I was current on my Tetnus, Hep shots, and flu shot. I was scared to death. Nothing came of it, but thank god i had my shots!!!!
              Where have you been?
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                Oly smokes
                My Buddy Greg!!!

Com'ere ya big lug and give Adam a hug

Comment

Ahhhhh long story to tell my friends! But doing good.... Getting ready to reopen business Got engaged Everything going great! Picked up the peices and life is great!!!!! Ill be around for now on
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

So glad to hear from you.Been too long

Comment

glad you're doing good greg. hope to see you at the next ridgid roundup

rick.

p.s. never smile when cleaning drains learned that a number of years ago while jetting
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X