No announcement yet.

I used the new jetter all day today!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used the new jetter all day today!!!!

I did have two issues with it though. The worst was that after using it for almost an hour, the 2 v-belts started smoking because they became loose. I tightened up the tension on them and they worked JUST long enough do finish the 7 hr condo job i was doing. They are from Napa and green in color. Which are the best belts to use on the jetters? When I pushed on the jetter foot valve, the torque of the engine would make the belts flap a little more then i am comfortable with about 1" up and down...is this normal? The second issue was the the hudosn float valve seems to keep over filling nad the tank would over flow. Have any of you had this issue before?

The specs are Honda GX 690(22.3 hp) engine, Udor 3500psi/8 gpm belt drive pump, 12 gallon surge tank, Allison soft touch unloader, thermal relief valve, pressure relief valve, dual v- belt pulleys(approximately 20 inch center to center span)
    Last edited by vette850; 06-18-2010, 04:45 PM.

Re: I used the new jetter all day today!!!!

pictures please.

still think you need more than 2 belts.

what size pulleys and bore do you have and i'll look up a better arrangement for you.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I am concerned about the Allison soft touch unloader you have. They are fine for pressure washers as it is a gradual pressure for roofs and things not a bang instant like most unloaders but for jetting you need the instant bang to go around bends and other things when you get stuck. I am also unsure about that unloader hurting you in the GPM department.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The pump is a 24mm bore, 8" pulley...the engine is an 1-1/8" bore, 3" pulley.......pump speed is 1450, engine is 3600 . I don't mind buying a cog set up....I just want something that will last casue as we all know, the last thing I need is down time in the middle of a large job, especially with one or more additional workers on the payroll. I promise to post pics tomorrow.

Comment

a high torque drive timing belt and pulley will be the best to drive the pump.

the v-belts you're using are most likely not designed for the torque and horsepower to drive the pump you're using. too much tension will wear out the shaft bearings.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            a high torque drive timing belt and pulley will be the best to drive the pump.

the v-belts you're using are most likely not designed for the torque and horsepower to drive the pump you're using. too much tension will wear out the shaft bearings.

rick.
            Don't you like the cog belts?

From what I've seen of them I liked them. Zero slippage = 100% power transfer. The sound they make while running is different but that's probably not an issue on a trailer mounted jetter. (Not considering cost as a factor either.)
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

a gear box would have been the easiest for a 24 hp honda. less than $250. and no alignment issues. i beleive they are rated to 30h.p.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

So where would I buy either of those two options? I went with the belt drive for the longetivity issue, so after all that work I'm obviously not switching over to a gearbox. Where do you guys buy your stuff from? I don't care about noise either, I just want this thing to be relaible for a long time and not break down.

Comment

a gear box will be less expensive than replacing the 2 pulleys and the proper drive belt.

water cannon or envirospec will have that gear box and it pretty much bolts onto the engine and pump. i have one on my 24hp. honda and 18 h.p. vanguard. neither one has needed more than a gear oil change.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I do see what you're saying Rick, but besides the $270 gearbox, I would also have to unbolt and reconfigure the whole jetter layout. Minimum half day, maximum more then a day. Does anyone have a good source for cog pulleys and belts?

Comment

this is a photo of the belt and pulley. it's a Gates Carbon Polychain Drive. you can go to their website and get the info you are looking for.

but that too will require you to relocate the pump to match the pulley arrangement. still cheaper and less complicated with a gearbox.

rick.
                      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-20-2010, 03:22 PM.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

try this one, then go to the Belts, Sheaves and Pulleys section.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...sion-_-TopLeft

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

yup. I agree; gates polychain. But, YOU HAVE GOT TO ALIGN IT. I mean, like, dead nuts align it.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                          X