X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much Root X

Nine hundred feet of 6 inch. One run of 550 and another section of 350. Dan who is the RootX guy for Wisconsin.

Re: How much Root X

Jim Athens

800 844-4974 extension 204

if dan doesn't answer with details anyway.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

you need a better way to apply the product. are there multiple cleanouts or just the 2 locations you mentioned?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
        Nine hundred feet of 6 inch. One run of 550 and another section of 350. Dan who is the RootX guy for Wisconsin.

Jim Athens is the guy you would work with. Wow that is a long run. There is an application method for RootX that I heard of that would most likely help you on a long run. At this time as the manufacturer I can not recommend an application method that is not approved by the EPA or stated on our label. If your interested the idea actually came from Plumber Rick.

Comment

DAN..............
          How much rootx do i use on a 6" line 175, long most of the roots are 80' tru 120'?? How much water to chase it with?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
            DAN..............
            How much rootx do i use on a 6" line 175, long most of the roots are 80' tru 120'?? How much water to chase it with?

Thanks

You would need 8lbs at least if not ten we advise 4 lbs per 75 ft. of 6inch line. You would need to follow that up with 30 gallons of water you can use up to 40 gallons of water. We typically advise 3-5 gallons of water per lb. Your going to need to apply all the RootX in the line at once and have buckets of water ready and pour them in quickly one after another. This will ensure that the RootX makes it down the line with a constant heavy flow of water.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
              Jim Athens is the guy you would work with. Wow that is a long run. There is an application method for RootX that I heard of that would most likely help you on a long run. At this time as the manufacturer I can not recommend an application method that is not approved by the EPA or stated on our label. If your interested the idea actually came from Plumber Rick.
              Was this method discussed in another thread? I'm looking around, but don't see anything. I haven't done one that long, but would like to know the best method in case I do.
              Michigan plumber | RootX | Buy Bio Clean

Comment

Working...
              X