X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose and nozzle for 1" line?

I was asked today for a price to jet the a/c condensate lines in two waterfront condos. It's some of the worst piping that I've seen. 1" pvc for the stacks, then they tie in together into 1-1/2" pvc(backpitched every so often), and eventually into 2" pvc that goes into the sewer. IT's been like theis for over 20 years and they have a stack clog every so often. I know they won't spend for a repipe. I have 1/4" hose on my reel right now, can i get a nozzle that would pull the hose up 7 floors? Does the 25 degree or 45 degree nozzle have more pulling power? Should I invest in a 1/2" or 3/16" hose?

Re: Hose and nozzle for 1" line?

I don't know, but I never got through a 1" 90 degree ever. It is small enough that a repipe in areas of concern should not be that costly in material. The time of access is another story.

Comment

I don't plan on going through any elbows, the stacks go straight up and the horizontals in the parking garage i was just gonna cut the elbows off and fernco them back on after i jet everything. I would have straight shots.

Comment

the 25 degree will out pull the 45 degree. but the 45 degree has better hitting power on the walls of the pipe.

since i can't picture this like you. i will answer it based on my explanation.

7 stories = 70' vertical feet. the pipe is 1'' which will help as the hose will have better pulling in the smaller pipe. plus you should be able to push hose up a good 20' with no water/ jetting help.

the hose will create a weight issue, but it will also help in pushing up.

so my answer is with some luck and all rear 25 degree nozzle, it should make it 70' with help and no front restrictions.

as far as hose goes, the 1/4'' id will be pretty large and heavy. i would try it, but be prepared for 1/8'' hose and 1/8'' nozzle. plastic is very easy to clean.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick,

Do you think that 100 ft of 1/8" is too long? I don't want to buy 75 ft and it not be long enough to work with. My pump maxes out at 3500 psi.

Comment

i just purchased 150' of 1/8'' hose. you're buying it for a special application and not for everyday use. i would attempt the 1/4'' but the od is getting pretty close to the 1'' id pipe with sludge. remember that the sludge you're cleaning still has to pass the hose. if it doesn't you'll pull the hose out with the hydraulic pressure.

have the 1/8'' with you and if need be use it. i think you'll need it for the 70' vertical run.

take photos and impress us all

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X