Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heavy root blockage...ouch

Originally posted by epc View Post
    Todays catch not so impressive as the last but still a keeper!

Are you eating Pizza in that picture on the right. No gloves in the first picture and then eating pizza while cleaning a sewer line.

Comment

I had a sewer service like this. Old lady rented the home and had been having problems for years "but didn't want to be a bother to the land Lord because he's such a nice guy". She had planing her laundry, flushing, dishes and showers all around the slow drain until it finally quit.

I snaked and snaked but could NOT pass a certain point. Used camera to locate and told the Land Lord it must be broke.
      Next day I'm working 45min away he calls and says he has the pipe exposed and nothing is wrong with it. I get there as fast as I can, the whole time I'm thinking I can't believe I've got this man digging up a pipe that is fine. I show up and yup the pipe appears fine so I bust it open and find roots just like that. Man was I relieved.

Turns out a house was torn down behind this house years ago and they shared a main. Apparently the pipe was never capped as the roots grew down the abandon part and right up into their service.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
        Are you eating Pizza in that picture on the right. No gloves in the first picture and then eating pizza while cleaning a sewer line.
        Ha Ha Ha its some sort of cake actually and i wish i had some but no the other plumber on site ate it i just had coffee in between jetting and camera work!

Not looking good for my health and safety from these pics I better stop before I actually do get sick!!!

Cheers Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by epc View Post
          Ha Ha Ha its some sort of cake actually and i wish i had some but no the other plumber on site ate it i just had coffee in between jetting and camera work!

Not looking good for my health and safety from these pics I better stop before I actually do get sick!!!

Cheers Phil.

I am just teasing I got to give you a hard time...

Comment

RootX could have prevented that. I love RootX jobs, but after awhile the big digging jobs will slow down. I also love doing those. A couple of those pictures were crazy though! How did anything get through?
            Michigan plumber | RootX | Buy Bio Clean

Comment

Originally posted by CSP Drain Cleaning View Post
              RootX could have prevented that. I love RootX jobs, but after awhile the big digging jobs will slow down. I also love doing those. A couple of those pictures were crazy though! How did anything get through?
              Nothing did get through but as usual the owners ignored the problem till it got as bad as it did.

I offered to put Rootx in at the time but she wanted to think about it. She then called back to go ahead so I will go back after 6 weeks and then yearly after that which I hope will fix it for her.

I think after seeing the roots they also plan to remove some of the trees.

Comment

i had one like that in northwest washington state

coming up from a septic ejector pit to leach field

that is what the lead in to the drain field looked like

when i had it dug up and exposed same type of pipe by the

way
                JERRYMAC
                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                X