X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on K-50 accessory

Always had drain machines, and the K-50 for the longest time.

But believe it or not, we simply don't get enough calls for drain cleaning like some of you, so this is why I have this question.

I just ordered a Ridgid Drop head 4" long Model # T-217, and a few other cutters. I read somewhere on here that some were having problems with a pin breaking with this attachment?

If this does happen, how are you guys getting this attachment out of the drain if it breaks off? I wouldn't want to push it further down the drain and make things worse.

Thoughts please.

Re: Question on K-50 accessory

i've never had a drop head break on me. i did have one that i pushed a little too hard on and bent the spiral head.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I have broken two drop heads in 5 years. Both on under sink kitchen lines.

Comment

the auger makes a good retriever. so does the retriever head.

the drop head will not take as much abuse as the bulb, but everything has it's limits. go easy and get a feel for it. if it's too tight. swap cutters.

the drop head i only use as a last ditch effort.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I only use them on back to back sink situations. The downside to having one break is greater than it's usefulness in my opinion. If you've ever broken one, you'd know what that means.

Comment

bill, we think alike and at the same time

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I made a "rick auger" for the 5/8 cable that works great on back to back sinks. Having spiraled some of the bulb and straight augers, I don't want to take the chance with a drop head.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Rick auger? Gotta see this .I love to get creative with heads also.
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  I only use them on back to back sink situations. The downside to having one break is greater than it's usefulness in my opinion. If you've ever broken one, you'd know what that means.
                  Uhhh yeah..... it means cutting out about 4' of 2" galvy in my basement ceiling. Soooo glad it happened at my house.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  the auger makes a good retriever. so does the retriever head.

the drop head will not take as much abuse as the bulb, but everything has it's limits. go easy and get a feel for it. if it's too tight. swap cutters.

the drop head i only use as a last ditch effort.

rick.
                  Amen. Don't you get tired typing that suggestion Rick?

I too would like to see a picture of this Rick auger that you speak of.....

Comment

Working...
                  X