Cable life.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable life.....

How many jobs (not time) are you averaging with your cable before it needs to be replaced ? Please list cable size and machine type.

Re: Cable life.....

i have had good luck with 3/4" 100' DCD cable, i have about 8 months on it. and around 180 + jobs
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

I get a several hundred out of my 3/4" IC cable. Right now my machine has Ridgid 3/4" IC cable that is well broken in. The key to cable life is breaking it in properly, and keeping it well oiled. My father would have a cable for 5 years before he replaced it, and normally the replacing was due to acid in a line. I have to say my cable is going on 3 years old now.

My brother is running the .66 magnum cable, as long as he remembers to use oil on it he gets about 300 rod jobs out of it. But when he fails to take care of his cable it is ruined after 30 or 40 rod jobs. The key to magnum cable is keeping the inner core intact. If that inner core rusts and breaks the cable is ruined then. Also as with 3/4 cable breaking it in is the key. This goes for sink line cables to main line cables.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        The key to cable life is breaking it in properly"

Please explain

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          Please explain
          Oh you want me to give away all my secrets. To break in a cable is to use it on a dozen or so rod jobs, while not over torquing it, do not run it through p-traps{main line cable) avoid reverse as well. When using new cable it is very easy to kink or put a wave in the cable while its still new and stiff.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I use 11/16 HC from Draincables direct 2 years old now. When I first get them my sewer is 110" long so I run my cables for about 30 minutes to break them in then I rotate reels on every job keep them oiled too. A cable can last depends on who is using it noobs or pro's
            Don't go jumping house traps with new cables. Break them in for around 30 minutes with no torque or stress just let the machine spin the cable in a sewer line and Rotate cables and lube is key.
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Working...
              X