Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storing the 60

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Storing the 60

    Can you store the k-60 standing straight up?
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

  • #2
    Re: Storing the 60

    Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    Can you store the k-60 standing straight up?
    Yep. right on the pile of papers I need weighted down.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Storing the 60

      WOW! I take it you are not a fan of the 60
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Storing the 60

        Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
        WOW! I take it you are not a fan of the 60
        Lol, Its not that I am not a fan. Just for me and the type of work I do that machine does not fit the bill. The K-1500 is more of the machine for the lines I rod. My commont about using it as a paper weight was just a joke.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Storing the 60

          I would seriously consider the K-60, if I didn't already have 2 K-50's.

          I read somewhere that you can put the K-50 canister on the 60, but I don't know how that would work.

          My buddy loves the K-60...and it is a really nice unit.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Storing the 60

            in theory you can store it anyway you want. there is no oil that will leak or grease that will drip.

            but in reality you should store it on it's base, just like you normally would use it. the reason is that trapped water has a better chance of entering the 2 bearings when on end than when in the normal position.

            good thing is bearings are pretty cheap and rebuilding is pretty simple.

            now if you never have liquids enter the machine when retrieving, then there should be no reason anything would enter.

            if you don't already know the k-60 is the #1 machine for an all around drain cleaner. the k-60 can replace every machine out there for 1.25''- 6'' lines

            rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Storing the 60

              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              in theory you can store it anyway you want. there is no oil that will leak or grease that will drip.

              but in reality you should store it on it's base, just like you normally would use it. the reason is that trapped water has a better chance of entering the 2 bearings when on end than when in the normal position.

              good thing is bearings are pretty cheap and rebuilding is pretty simple.

              now if you never have liquids enter the machine when retrieving, then there should be no reason anything would enter.

              if you don't already know the k-60 is the #1 machine for an all around drain cleaner. the k-60 can replace every machine out there for 1.25''- 6'' lines

              rick.
              It can't replace say....a Route 66. (I know you have one, no need to tell me you have one)

              J.C.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Storing the 60

                Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                It can't replace say....a Route 66. (I know you have one, no need to tell me you have one)

                J.C.
                ok, i also have the i-95 too plus others

                but you don't see general having a forum and you certainly don't see anyone having luck getting parts for generals

                rick.
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Storing the 60

                  I was thinking of getting one. Thought it would be good to store on its base behind the rear truck tire when I park on a hill, so it doesn't roll down hill.
                  The Other Rick

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Storing the 60

                    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    ok, i also have the i-95 too plus others

                    but you don't see general having a forum and you certainly don't see anyone having luck getting parts for generals

                    rick.
                    And the K-60 can't replace it.

                    J.C.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Storing the 60

                      the k-60 stays in my truck and gets used as needed.

                      the generals stay at my shop along with my drum machines from ridgid, general and spartan.

                      my 2 brand new k-60's are still waiting for my original k-60 to die. so far after a few hard years in my possession, and who knows how long in th rental fleet, i've changed 3 bearings and 1 clutch. about $150. total in parts.

                      so for a machine i purchased used, it's brought in the biggest returns and has done jobs that the drums won't touch.

                      so back to storing your k-60. make sure to store it close to the door, as it's always going from the truck to the job and back to the truck.

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Storing the 60

                        Well alrighty then..Reason being is that the cabinet in my van will only fit it stored on end. out of sight out of mind...I am still trying to find a secret hiding spot where I can store it level..You couldn't give me anything for that 60 it is one bad ** machine.I bought a 1500 a month ago and she still sites .I have bought every head you can buy for both machines .So BRING IT ON .I call the 1500 "Big Bertha"..Still looking for a name for the 60 ...Let the flaming begin !
                        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Storing the 60

                          Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                          Yep. right on the pile of papers I need weighted down.
                          Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                          WOW! I take it you are not a fan of the 60
                          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          in theory you can store it anyway you want. there is no oil that will leak or grease that will drip.

                          but in reality you should store it on it's base, just like you normally would use it. the reason is that trapped water has a better chance of entering the 2 bearings when on end than when in the normal position.

                          good thing is bearings are pretty cheap and rebuilding is pretty simple.

                          now if you never have liquids enter the machine when retrieving, then there should be no reason anything would enter.

                          if you don't already know the k-60 is the #1 machine for an all around drain cleaner. the k-60 can replace every machine out there for 1.25''- 6'' lines

                          rick.
                          Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                          I was thinking of getting one. Thought it would be good to store on its base behind the rear truck tire when I park on a hill, so it doesn't roll down hill.


                          We are not starting this again are we?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Storing the 60

                            Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                            Well alrighty then..Reason being is that the cabinet in my van will only fit it stored on end. out of sight out of mind...I am still trying to find a secret hiding spot where I can store it level..You couldn't give me anything for that 60 it is one bad ** machine.I bought a 1500 a month ago and she still sites .I have bought every head you can buy for both machines .So BRING IT ON .I call the 1500 "Big Bertha"..Still looking for a name for the 60 ...Let the flaming begin !

                            You should start a new thread and let people vote on new names for the 60

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Storing the 60

                              Mine sits on end at the back of my truck (Ford E-250 van) in the corner between the door and the side of my shelf-rack. I hand the reel above it on a hook off of the shelf. The K-50 is ditto in the other corner. That way I can open the door, grab and go and keep the middle clear.

                              I also keep Speedy 1500 right behind the cab. All this and I can still haul a 75 gallon water heater or a big pedestal ejector pump (like I did today) and have easy access to all my Money Maker Machine$



                              You can use the canister drum from the K-50 with the K-60 but be careful as it's very overpowered.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X