Waiver of liability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver of liability

Any one make the customer sign a waiver of liability before you cable or jet a sewer line? If so what does it say?

When jetting, how much psi would it take to blow about a clay sewer?

Re: Waiver of liability

no i don't.

clay will not blow apart. if anything it will spall if a jet is left in the same spot too long. but fortunately the jets we use are too steep an angle. now if you're jetting with a 90 degree jet to the pipe, this can cause damage especially at 4000#.

clay and plastic clean up real nice with a jetter.

orangeburg pipe is an issue clay and plastic is a dream. cast is fine but will never be as nice as clay or plastic.

what are the specs of your jetter?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I seen clay pipe come apart when a home owner waves down a city guy with a truck jet running 2000 PSI @ 80 GPM. Its the GPM that can start doing some damage.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Do to the age, condition or inaccessability of the drain line routine cleaning may cause damage to pipe...... not responsible for any water damage that may occur as a result of routine cleaning.

In a nutshell

Comment

this is the waiver i use:
          Waver:: xxxxxxxxxx shall be liable for any labor and material cost that is incurred to retrieve any equipment from sewer line that may become lost or un-removable from unforeseen problems in sewer line.
          i was once rodding a sewer with my 1065 and it went through a broken sewer line on a 5yr old house sewer.i asked the homeowner how long it was blocked and if he knew it was broken. he told me it was blocked for about two weeks and the last 5!!!! guys that came out to clean the line told him it was broke. 4 of them had cables broken off in the sewer and this P.O.S. didnt tell anyone it was broke after #1 told him so. thats why i use a waver....ray

Comment

I have never had a issue with this. Couple a time a year we get stuck. We dig it up and bill it out.

Comment

same with us, but sometimes the homeowner thinks that you should dig it up for free because its not their problem....ray

Comment

Always seems that a day or two with no sewer changes their tune.

Comment

This is what i use it is kind of lengthy, think i may change it a little.

Hold Harmless
                  (Company name) will make every reasonable effort to perform the scope of work described below. Due to the unique nature of the tasks and the unknown
                  pipe/field conditions completion of the work may not be possible.(Company name) will not be responsible for pipe damage caused by line clearing or snaking due to lead fittings, pipe damaged by drain cleaner or rotten pipe. Furthermore if any of (company name) equipment becomes lodged or stuck in the pipe for any reason, it will become the responsibility of the customer to repair such collapsed,broken or defective pipe and retrieve said equipment. Note (Company Name) will not be held responsible for backups or damage that may be associated with the cleaning process due to the conditions of the said lines.
                  Print name________________________Signature_____________ _________

Comment

There are 2 forms we use. The Waiver of Right to Cancel. That gets signed before ANY job gets done. The 2nd we call a Hold Harmless Agreement. Dont really get them signed to much on main drains, mostly on old lead lines like bath tubs, lav sinks....specially on 2nd floor main and secondary lines.
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Welcome back drain medic!

Comment

Have you made sure that the waivers are legit and can stand up in court? I have another business that requires a waiver and most of the time it means nothing.
                        Michigan plumber | RootX | Buy Bio Clean

Comment

I understand everyone needs to cover your a** but I am thinking that sort of waiver would scare alot of customers off..Just my.02
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                          X