X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some input...

Know I now this is a Ridgid site, but I need to explore all options. What are your thoughts on Mytana, more specificaly the M888. I was told to look at the catalog and think that it is the most suitable for the company's needs. We see 100' plus sewers often and see 3,4, & 6" for main lines.
    Do the cables hold up well and handle the torque.

Or should I look at Spartan 1065, Ridgid K-7500 or K-60? Most work is in a basement. Few are in crawl spaces, and some are outside cleanouts.

My personal choice would be to try a 60, but that is strictly off of the info gathered here. I just begining to look into everything.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Need some input...

I like all of em, 1065, ridgid k-7500, would be my choice in a drum machine or in sectional k-60 or k1500 depending on how long the average run is.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The average run would be about 100'.

Comment

I say it depends on what you encounter on a daily basis.

I love the idea of a K-7500 but I would have to hire a carpenter to widen and make safe 80% of the stairways I see. Outside cleanouts, yeah I saw one of those once.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I have a Mytana sewer cam. It works awesome. I have never used there cable machines. I have a k-7500 and a k-60 9 times out of 10 i grab the k-60, its much much lighter and i do not have to dance around stairs with turns or doorways.

Just get a k-60 it will do 80% of all your residential drain work!

Comment

I have a K-7500, it is my only mainline machine. Basements aren't a problem while I'm still young "I am still young aren't I?" outside cleanouts are gravy, but crawlspace cleanouts kind of make me laugh. there is no way in hell i'm going to do anything with one of those but agree that it exists. In a few years i'll probably buy myself a k-60 and get the company to provide the sections for it.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I am leaning to the 60, its light and the cost is less than a drum and it can do more than a drum( that is what I have been lead to believe by the crew here)

Comment

Don't forget to buy at least one section of innercore as the lead section it really makes the k-60 shine in tough roots.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

For some reason we get the Mytana catalog as well, and some of their drain equipment doesn't pass the eye test for me. I don't know anyone who uses them so, I can't really form a good opinion on them.

My father wanted a Drum machine so we bought a brand new general last year. We have used it twice, and it just sits in our shop collecting dust. It's most likely all my fault, but I just couldn't get used to it the 2 times I used it.

To be quite honest, if I had a boat, it would make a swell anchor.

Comment

@flux -

too funny; I feel the same way about my k-60 as you do about your drum machine.

If you want to trade, let me know.

Plumbducky; if you want to try out a k-60 for cheap, I've got the older style one collecting dust. Was going to e-bay it. $500 + shipping and it's yours. You'll probably want the newer style, as you have to change collets with this one to change cable size, but the cable and bits and cable carriers might be worth the $ to you even if you do end up getting a new style one, and it'd let you try out using a 60 to see if you really like it or not before taking the plunge in a big way.

Also, I'll be in mpls this fall, probably in oct. If it makes any sense I can haul it along then.
                    Last edited by Ace Sewer; 07-17-2010, 12:40 AM.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I use the Mytana M81 and really like it. 125' of cable with no trouble. The drum comes off the machine easily to get the machine up and down staires. I think the m888 is there new upright? I'm not sure about how good that machine is. I'm sure it is fine. I use the 11/16 non innercore and it holds up well for me.

I am not going to start using a sectional all the time. it may be easy to get into the basement but then the work is continuous and nonstop. They work awesome though. Lets face it an electric staire climber is what drum guys need. Ridgid- Mytana- General anybody listening.

Comment

I did not ask how many drains you guys will be clearing. If you are not clearing very many then for sure I would get a sectional. I think sectionals are safer for the user.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                          For some reason we get the Mytana catalog as well, and some of their drain equipment doesn't pass the eye test for me. I don't know anyone who uses them so, I can't really form a good opinion on them.

My father wanted a Drum machine so we bought a brand new general last year. We have used it twice, and it just sits in our shop collecting dust. It's most likely all my fault, but I just couldn't get used to it the 2 times I used it.

To be quite honest, if I had a boat, it would make a swell anchor.
                          I've used MyTana, General, and Spartan. I didn't care for the General. The Spartan and MyTana were great. My experience is the MyTana will take whatever you care to throw at it.

I ended up getting a Spartan 2001 over the MyTana but it was a close hard decision.
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Right now it is approximately 8 a month, but I hope that will grow to at least 5 a week. I will also then have the hands on with different machines when I start my company, which is in the works. Just want to make and educated decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
                              Right now it is approximately 8 a month, but I hope that will grow to at least 5 a week. I will also then have the hands on with different machines when I start my company, which is in the works. Just want to make and educated decision.
                              at 2 a week I guess I would go with the sectional. at 5 a week I would go with the drum. Just because a sectional is a lot of work and very hard on the hands and wrists.

Comment

Working...
                              X