X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ro Pump does it again!

I was on a job today to replace three toilets in a house. The price was quoted and the homeowner was gone. I noticed that the two vanity sinks in the master bath were plugged. So, in an effort to give the customer a little more value than they expected, I hit both sinks with the RoPump. In five minutes I walked out with both sinks clear. It won't cost them a penny, and it only cost me minutes.

Thanks again Ron!
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: Ro Pump does it again!

So did you use it to suck out the blockage? Or did you fill the tube and force the water down the drain?

I find when the popup is all gummed up if I pump the water back and forth it breaks up all that gunk and scours it clean.

I will admit the Ro-Pump has saved me lots of time on simple blockages. I mostly use it on tubs, lav sinks and water closets.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Too bad I can't find one. They have been discontinued

Comment

google "ropump super plus". uk still has them apparently. i think www.toolstop.co.uk might be your boy. use "ropump" in search. here you are and there you go. breid..............

Comment

the currency is shown in us dollars on this link.

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/rothenberg...rce-pump-p6280

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

This place had them for $49.90 but are out of stock. ThanX but $100.00 plus shipping is a bit much

http://cscindustrial.us/22.-Pipe_&_D...ing_Pumps.html

Comment

I saw them onhttp://www.blackbookoftools.com

I dunno if they have them in stock though.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                So did you use it to suck out the blockage? Or did you fill the tube and force the water down the drain?

I find when the popup is all gummed up if I pump the water back and forth it breaks up all that gunk and scours it clean.

I will admit the Ro-Pump has saved me lots of time on simple blockages. I mostly use it on tubs, lav sinks and water closets.
                I pulled the popups right out and the drain was whistle clean to start. I just did a series of rapid back and forth plunges. Suction then pressure in fraction of second strokes. A bunch of crud came out of the overflow openings. (Which limited pressure available on the pressure stroke). So I plugged that opening so I could apply more pressure. That did the trick.

With all the creams and lotions on the wife's side I'm guessing that's why the drain was plugged.

At this point I would be willing to pay $100 for a RoPump if I had to.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I was pissed from not getting the last one I just paid 163.00 to get one lol
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

*whistles insolently*
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Man this super plus is HUGE! I didn't think it was this big now I need a bigger truck thanks Ron I had a slow lav drain at my house (I hate cleaning my own drains for some reason at the end of the day) Tried it on that push pull push and bam it was flowin great!
                      Last edited by Cuda; 08-06-2010, 02:24 AM.
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I tried to get one but they were all sold out
                        I did get to try the old worn out one hanging on the wall its a classic

Comment

Great!! Stellar reviews from respected opinions means I have yet another tool to buy... Actually, it was my pals on this forum that convinced me not to buy the kinetic air ram. I see ads for that all the time. If a $50 can clear a line without all the drama of running cable or jetting, it's well worth it. Perfect for those soft clogs and misc that wind up where they shouldn't--- like shampoo caps..

Comment

Working...
                          X