Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy

I just got this off ebay.

Here in Seattle they have made it mandatory for 1 year inspections on catch basins on private property and to have them cleaned so we are adding that service.
    One cool thing is that this a vacuum excavator and will use that feature on some sewer repairs we do. Plus with a few mods it will be able to jet as well.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: My new toy

another use. send out add to drillers on peir holes. When its wet holes can collapse an fill with mud! Fix, bag of lime and your vac
    saves their butt, concrete pour day. Inspectors want all mud out or no pour. We do this work. good luck
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Good for you! I hope you make a bunch of money with it!
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

hope your new toy really sucks

does this mean no pipe burster?

where do you have to take the muck to dump?

it has a 3000# pump on it. what"s the gpm?

do you have a truck to pull it with?

post some video of it in action when you start using it

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          hope your new toy really sucks

does this mean no pipe burster?

where do you have to take the muck to dump?

it has a 3000# pump on it. what"s the gpm?

do you have a truck to pull it with?

post some video of it in action when you start using it

rick.
          I am still going to get the burster but my phone was ringing off the hook for this so it made sense to get what was being asked for.
          GPM is low 4-5 jetter speaking but good for hydro excavation, If I need GPM my jetter van will do the job.
          And I have a heavy 3/4 ton Dodge Cummins to do the pulling.
          I will do some vid when I go use it.
          The muck goes to a special land fill water is dumped in one spot then the solids are in another left to sun bake then they do something else with them?
          Cost is weird if you go in with 20 gallons it's $272 if you go in with 2000 gallons it's $272 so thats why I got the 880 gallons instead of a 400 I was looking at.
          Last edited by Cuda; 08-08-2010, 10:44 AM.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

is the front tank damaged,or made that way ?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tank has a dent on each side from the tow vehicle turning to tight, I will try to push them out as it looks bad or I have an extra tank already to put on.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda, With that size water tank and spoils tank I would be hesitant to try to pull it loaded with a 3/4 ton truck...

How does the math work out including the weight of the rig itself?

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                  Cuda, With that size water tank and spoils tank I would be hesitant to try to pull it loaded with a 3/4 ton truck...

How does the math work out including the weight of the rig itself?
                  250 gallon tank, 880 gallon spoils tank.
                  6.5K unloaded 12k loaded.
                  With my truck I won't roll with the tank full don't really need that I get water where the work is. And as for running with the tank full I will probably empty it 3/4- full, will have to see how it feels. I have done 12k full dump trailers and enclosed race car trailers before the narrow tows better when the load gets wide I like Duals in the rear on my pull rig. I will just have to see how it feels full to decide if I will p/u another 1ton 2wd dually.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda

You also have to watch for the wave like action on your brakes

in Seattle when going down a hill the loads wave action back

and forth will push you out into the middle of an intersection !

I found this out working on a septic pump truck !

Remember this law a body in motion tends to remain in motion

this wave action back and forth against the front of tank
                    JERRYMAC
                    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Be especially carefull when braking and turning at the same time. It will push like mad. While the weight is more, if you pull it full it might be safer than 3/4 full as you won't have as much slosh factor. I think I'd want as heavy a truck pulling it as you can get.
                      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Well an update, I didn't like the way it towed with my cummins, engine was fine but braking seemed bad and it wiggled around a little and this was empty The unit is a lot bigger than I thought it was in person. So I bought a Ford F-450 2wd flatbed to tow it with. Should work better anyway because it is shorter regular cab 9ft bed.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Cuda; 08-12-2010, 11:16 PM.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda,
                          sounds like a big investment, i hope it all pays off in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                            Well an update, I didn't like the way it towed with my cummins, engine was fine but braking seemed bad and it wiggled around a little and this was empty The unit is a lot bigger than I thought it was in person. So I bought a Ford F-450 2wd flatbed to tow it with. Should work better anyway because it is shorter regular cab 9ft bed.
                            You could mount that unit on the flat bed. I am looking forward to pictures of the unit being used.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            Ron's Facebook
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Hey Cuda, How's that rig working out for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X