X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Traps....

Why were these only used on tubs ? Why weren't P traps just installed ? There must have been advantages to these can traps that went away with modern technology

Re: Drum Traps....

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    Why were these only used on tubs ? Why weren't P traps just installed ? There must have been advantages to these can traps that went away with modern technology
    Around here I seen them used on laundry sinks as well.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

You can still buy them at menards in my area only they are pvc and can be turned in the middle to go an any direction. Stinks when they are installed in between two floors with no access.

Comment

You forgot that they were installed on showers and urinals as well.

Urinals are loads of fun.

Comment

the reason I heard was that when you had once a week baths or less the drum trap would not evaporate out in a week or two weeks time,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I hear many reasons why they used the drum trap. Ive seen them on tubs, laundry lines, floor drains, shower stalls. I would imagine they were used for catching the obvious. Hair, lint that sorta stuff. We replace any drum traps now with j bends. You really cant find them new around here. Most of the time the old drums are connected to lead lines, or you cant get the freakin lids off. I try to stay away from even messing with the traps. I will usually drill a hole on the pipe and plug it with a customer signing a hold harmless, and the only way ill do that is if they refuse to replace it.
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
            X