X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the pumpers.....

When you need to locate and uncover a tank or d box, and you will be pumping, do you take your septic truck to the job, or go out with a pickup first.

We have probes on both of our septic trucks but a locator only on one. Unfortunately it's not the truck that gets used the most. It won't fit on that truck.

That leads me to another question, how much "stuff" do you carry on your septic truck?

As a pumper/service guy, I try to do everything in one trip, but it's hard to keep the right tools on the truck for each job.

Comment away!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Question for the pumpers.....

not a pumper, but the k-60 was designed to nicely fit into a pumper side bin

a locator can be a small hand held unit with nothing more than a flushable sonde. or a sonde that will attach to the k-60 cable

i have a brand new ridgid handheld 4510 locator and a flushable sonde looking for a new home

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/KD4510-Pointer/EN/index.htm

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

How do you get them back when the lid to the septic tank is at the outlet end? I can just see sucking the thing up and not even knowing. How does the sonde attach to the sectional cable? Are there sondes made for it?

I have been giving serious thought to the k-60 for that truck. It currently has a Spartan 100 on it which usually isn't enough machine anyhow.

I think I need a camera more though!

Comment

I had a thought about maybe using a line locator. Usually you can tell when you are in the tank. I've never used or seen a line locator used.

How much room do they take up?

Comment

I'm sure different areas require different things. We've only had to locate a few out of thousands. Most of the time we can find it with a probe before a locator could even get started. 100% Serious.

For our area, a K60 or any other type sectional or drum is not very useful. A sewer tape will cover you 99% of the time.

J.C.

Comment

then a fiberglass push rod would be much lighter and push out farther. problem is a fiberglass 300' rod with carriage is well into the $1000.00+ range.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Trent you need a see snake! I will put the thing in the truck if the homeowner dosent know were its is. The video work is an extra fee. We ask the home owner to dig the cover for the best rates. We use it more for plumbers that need video work and dont want to call a another plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                not a pumper, but the k-60 was designed to nicely fit into a pumper side bin

a locator can be a small hand held unit with nothing more than a flushable sonde. or a sonde that will attach to the k-60 cable

i have a brand new ridgid handheld 4510 locator and a flushable sonde looking for a new home

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/KD4510-Pointer/EN/index.htm

rick.
                How much $$$ for the adoption of KD4510
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                  How much $$$ for the adoption of KD4510
                  the 4510 is brand new and the 4550 is used, but works great.

http://www.northstate.com/ridgid/120_121.pdf

here are the specs.

either one $525. includes shipping

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X