Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm sewer question??

Storm sewer question??

I was jetting out some storm sewers yesterday, and in the catch basin above the drain pipe there was a 4” brass clean out plug any clue what this is for ?

also i could not get the jet to all the way, i belive the pipe is broken. will camera toay when the catch basins are pumped out.
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Re: Storm sewer question??

In Seattle a storm catch basin if under a structure or roof like a parking garage, must drain to a sewer system not the storm sewer system and be trapped and I have seen cleanouts added for service, maybe thats what you are seeing?
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I agree, probably a cleanout for a running trap. We have those alot in Philly. Most cases you usually have to go from that cleanout to clean the storm line. That might be what your hitting if your jetter is going to far.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

When I jet from the street I get closer than when I jet from the catch basin ?
        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Interesting, I have never seen or heard of a CB having a trap. Whether it's tied into sewer or not. It makes perfect sense but it's just something that is not done here.

Cuda, is tieing into sewer still required in your area even for new building?
          I would think this somehow violates the clean water act???
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            Interesting, I have never seen or heard of a CB having a trap. Whether it's tied into sewer or not. It makes perfect sense but it's just something that is not done here.

Cuda, is tieing into sewer still required in your area even for new building?
            I would think this somehow violates the clean water act???
            Yes how it works with the clean water act is only the covered CB's are ran to the sewer all the others go to the Storm Sewer, if the volume of water or sq. feet exceed a certain amount it is dumped into a large retention tank then goes to the sewer to reduce the flow in heavy rains.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
            X