X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston We Have A Problem!

One of my customers sent me this picture and gave me permission to share it. This is the worst root infested septic tank I have ever seen. The Top of the water line is solid roots thick enough to hold a large solid steel bar upright.
    Attached Files

Re: Houston We Have A Problem!

I'm guessin' he's got a bit of a root problem.

That will make a good before/after photo once their gone.
    How much rootx would that take?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      I'm guessin' he's got a bit of a root problem.

That will make a good before/after photo once their gone.
      How much rootx would that take?

I told him use 12 lbs. It's all most a guess with as thick as those roots are but for the size of the tank I think that aught to do it. They will have to go back after about six weeks and rake out the dead roots to make sure they don't clog up the drain field. That is if they float & if they do it just depends on the type of tree root.

Comment

looks like rick1643 septic photos from last week.

if it's not, rick1643 will be calling to get some rootx too.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I'm trying to get Dan up here to help me document one of these root infested septic tanks treated with RootX, when he is out here for the Costa Mesa tradeshow. The tank in question is easy access and I plan on floating 8-12 .bs of RootX on top with the lid on, or using a leaf blower to get it on the roots (I think that was your idea Rick) then I can go back and take pics about once a month to see the progress.
          The Other Rick

Comment

I need to get the pics from my mother in laws place posted. We pulled out a huge root wad. We used an engine hoist and a tri pod and come a long to get it out.
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              looks like rick1643 septic photos from last week.

if it's not, rick1643 will be calling to get some rootx too.

rick.
              It's not related at all, this guy is in VA.

Comment

Oh dang, that beats the worst I've seen. I've seen some bad drain lines, but that tank is brutal. Maybe a grenade with RootX after would do the trick.
                Michigan plumber | RootX | Buy Bio Clean

Comment

Originally posted by CSP Drain Cleaning View Post
                  Oh dang, that beats the worst I've seen. I've seen some bad drain lines, but that tank is brutal. Maybe a grenade with RootX after would do the trick.

I pictured in my mind liquid flying out of the tank 30 ft in the air from the grenade.

Comment

Originally posted by CSP Drain Cleaning View Post
                    Oh dang, that beats the worst I've seen. I've seen some bad drain lines, but that tank is brutal. Maybe a grenade with RootX after would do the trick][ DanLawrenceI pictured in my mind liquid flying out of the tank 30 ft in the air from the grenade.
                    puts new meaning to the word turdherder
                    Last edited by post plumber; 09-15-2010, 10:02 PM.
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                      I'm trying to get Dan up here to help me document one of these root infested septic tanks treated with RootX, when he is out here for the Costa Mesa tradeshow. The tank in question is easy access and I plan on floating 8-12 .bs of RootX on top with the lid on, or using a leaf blower to get it on the roots (I think that was your idea Rick) then I can go back and take pics about once a month to see the progress.

It's on!!!!!! I will be there Friday afternoon. Why I am there let's grab the wife and go out to dinner, any good places to eat out in Timbuktu?

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                        I pictured in my mind liquid flying out of the tank 30 ft in the air from the grenade.
                        Won't 12 pounds of RootX dropped in the septic tank cause an "explosion" of sorts??????
                        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

That is 90 gallons of foam....This is going to be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                            That is 90 gallons of foam....This is going to be fun!

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhh we really do need pics of this

Comment

Working...
                              X