X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got cussed out

I got a call yesterday, The lady said I was out there and drilled the line at her rental house a year ago and it was stopped up again and she said we had sent her a big bill and she didn't think it was write that she should have to pay again. I told her I would have to check it out so she told me to check it out but not to do any thing just call her. Went out checked the pipe we cleaned last year no back up, run water went great, Went to other side of basement and found water backed up in a deferent line that had nothing to do with the one we cleaned. So I called her up and told her what I found she still didn't think I should charge but she let me go ahead and clean it. Then asked me how long it would stay open I told her the last line we cleaned was still working good.She agreed to pay but you could tell she thought every drain in the house should have been guaranteed. I would have been glad to drill every drain in the house and guarantee them but not for the same money as one drain. I get that sometimes they want me to clean every drain and when I tell them That there are 6 or 7 drains and that would be expensive They say you charge extra for each drain ? Yes and if I have to use a deferent machine that adds to it. They change there mind. If there is another drain that is slow I will ask them about cleaning it but if the rest are working good I figure I am doing them no good and making my other customers wait. I like to please my customers but I'm not going to work for nothing.

Re: I got cussed out

Makes sense. Doesn't sound like you got cussed out though.

J.C.

Comment

I get a few of these calls every few years you cleared my main but the toilet is clogged up on the second floor 2 weeks later.
      Or you snaked my tub on the second floor but my toilet down stairs is clogged 6 months later

Some people just don't understand how things work. Once I get there and explain why they understand. Many people still think when you snake the main they think you did every drain in the house.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I've had this issue with commerial stuff. You clean a hand sink in the kitchen and then two days later the main is backed up. His kid says we need after hours service. Go there. He wants it done in the am. He still has not payed the bill and claims he not paying for the main."I had the roots rodded out two or three years ago, they cant grow back that fast" Smile and eat the corn of their Sh!%. People have no idea. I try with the septic and drain 101. People want to save a buck. Price quailty service pick two you cant have all three.

Comment

I'm sure this varies..but I give 30 days (warranty) if I clean a drain.

I can't and won't be responsible for what people put down their own drains after I leave the job.

Comment

We give them 30 days on the line we work on.

Comment

So where is all the F' this anf F' you?? I wont nominate a post mis-titled...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                So where is all the F' this anf F' you?? I wont nominate a post mis-titled...
                Here only the men use the F word the women don't use it but what they do use can cut you more then the men's F word does. There was more said but when you have been married as long as I have you kind of tune them words out and you cant repeat them.

Comment

There are some people I just can't talk to, so I don't. I keep a 'poo poo list'. There are some people we are just too busy to help, ever, and some where we will drive over but need cash up front before going to work.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                  X