X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• like father, like son

got a call from a customer i had camered their line and then installed a cleanout for 19 months ago. the line had big roots under the sidewalk approx. 7' deep. this was at 73' from the existing 3'' cleanout at the side of the house. so i installed a 4'' cleanout just before the sidewalk. this allows me to clean/ cut the roots under the sidewalk and clean the 37' to the city connection. from sidewalk out it's 6'' clay. anything from sidewalk out/ city property requires a sewer license and a large public works permit for the sidewalk.

so yesterday the customer calls and ask why i didn't install a 2 way cleanout told her i would call her back in a few minutes once i look at my invoice and video notes. apparently she had a stoppage back in october/ 10 months after i installed the c/o. then 1 month ago, a week ago and yesterday problem is the stoppage was only affecting the 1 downstairs bathroom and not the other bathroom at the same level.

so this tells me that it's a local branch stoppage and not the main. of course the drain guy she called both the father and son/ dumb and dumber were clueless. both snaked out the line with a 1/2'' cable all the way past the front lawn cleanout even though the front c/o was fine and the other same level bathroom was flushing fine.

so i go there today/ sunday at time and a half and diagnose it just like i did over the phone ran my k-60 with 7/8'' cable and 3'' root saw to a hard spot at 31'. cleared the line and continued to 42'/ 3 sections. knowing that the other bathroom was fine.

the nice thing is the owner who at first questioned me why i installed the 1 way cleanout, realized that dumb and dumber was the wrong move. she also realized that roto rooter who came out yesterday and wanted to jet the line for $500. since they couldn't access the cleanout with their drum machine. was also the wrong pick. fortunately she passed on the jetting for $500.

had she called me in the first place back in october, she would not have dumb and dumber come out 3 times, no roto rooter and i wouldn't be writing up a story

the best was when they snaked the 4'' main with a 1/2'' cable, even though it was not plugged to 90' if they would have just used their head and not their mouth, they would have noticed my cheat notes on the cleanout yard box marked 11'-15' roots and 37' city connection

scary part is dumb and dumber are full time drain cleaners

so now the customer knows what i know and it's fully documented on my emailed invoice. too bad she didn't look at my original invoice or video from 19 months ago. but then again sometimes it's better to follow up dumb and dumber, the customer appreciates knowledge

rick.

hard to see in the sun shot, but the cover gives the root notes 11'-15' and city connection at 37'. yet they snaked a dry line to 90' with a 1/2'' cable.
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: like father, like son

Waiting for the "Like Father, Like Daughter Post".

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Waiting for the "Like Father, Like Daughter Post".

J.C.
      maybe next week

more like plumber rick and piper

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

At 7ft deep it needed to be a one way clean out

Comment

Working...
        X