Cable Question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Question?

Looking through Ridgids selections for the 5/8" what is the difference between the c-7 7 1/2" tight wind and the c-9 10' heavy duty wind

Also I noticed that for the 7/8" they only offer c-10 all purpose cables. No tight wind looks like

Now that being said what it be a good idea / bad idea to use the 7/8" trap leader ahead of the 7/8" cables in certain situations (I know for trap but for what else? )

I was able to use the k-60 again todayon a kitchen drain for a customer .It performed flawlessly as usual. drum attachment with the 3/8" male end with 4" drop auger ...The 60 RULES!
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Cable Question?

I have never had a use for a 7/8" trap leader. I have had no trouble going through 3" and 4" traps with regular 7/8" cable.

If you want to make it a big boy machine your going to need 7/8" inncore cable which i get from general!

Comment

the c-9 is a tight wind 10' cable that would work for 4'' pipe with small roots. it's similar to a drum cable in the wind.

the c-10 also comes in the c-10-ic / inner core. this is the cable i use as my 15' leader for roots. and also for my 6'' lines.

i don't use a trap leader and i've snaked many 1.5'' lines with the c-10 i use the front 14' with no male connector/ pin connector. then i bend a hook and call it my reverse auger. this will get into the 1.5'' and open up to 4'' with an auger hook that will grab the best of the roots. needs to be run in reverse to act as an auger. it's never failed or broken and it's my secret weapon

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys..Where are you all finding the best deals on cutter heads cables etc. I have tried to order from a local supplier 3 times . Either there are items zeroed on the ticket when half the order comes in or they get backordered again etc.
        I wouls love to go online and just order away and have them show up at my door.But that would be waaayyy too easy I guess

Comment

I use my 7/8" trap leader all the time mostly because I typically run through a 3" cast iron floor/areaway drain. It makes the jump past the trap much easier especially with the rootsaw head. Also, it doesn't put stress on the cable connectors.

I used it last week when I couldn't push the cable down the main very far but wasn't binding up. Ran the camera and found I was deadheaded into a sanitary tee laying on it's side. Put the trap leader on and away it went

Comment

WOW! Now were talkin' I am going to try and run my7/8" cables down my floor drain. It is 3" also. With the trap leader . I was thinking there was no way I'm getting that cable through a 3" cast iron trap with or without a trap leader.

Comment

Call Allan J Coleman. They have just about everything ridgid in stock and ship FAST!
              http://www.allanjcoleman.com/

I have ordered many strange ridgid things and they seem to have them in stock.

Comment

don't ask me how i ended up getting my 7/8'' cable with auger through a 2'' trap cleared the line and found out the a/c condensate roof drain was 2'' with a trap

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post
                  don't ask me how i ended up getting my 7/8'' cable with auger through a 2'' trap Cleared the line and found out the a/c condensate roof drain was 2'' with a trap

Rick.
                  WTH?!?!? You go stand and look at your beautiful daughter non-stop & whimper once in awhile!

And get Mrs. J. whatever she wants!

J.C.

Comment

Throw away the Ridgid cable and buy General I/C. I never had to use a leader to get through a trap with a K 60. I just run the machine in reverse if I need to get through a hard trap. A 4 blade cutter will get you around a T, just run in forward or reverse depending on which way you want to go, the 4 blade will walk the way you want to go after you get past the T run it normal.

Comment

Call Allan J Coleman. They have just about everything ridgid in stock and ship FAST!
                      http://www.allanjcoleman.com/

I have ordered many strange ridgid things and they seem to have them in stock.

Thanks but their website is under construction. No prices . I did not see anything other than machines..Again , no prices and no cables, heads, etc.

Comment

Call Them!

There web site is kinda crappy but they have every thing and there prices are Very Fair! I dont even price shop I call them they bill my account and send it on its way. Dont beleive me ask Ron (Sewerratz)!

Comment

I dont even bother with buying tools in town. Coleman or the Cable center.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
                            I dont even bother with buying tools in town. Coleman or the Cable center.
                            What's The Cable Center's number. Lost it.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                            X