X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most crammed truck award

I've worked in trucks like this. Thing is, with X space and Y quantity, you can only organize so much! I really like having a trailer; walk in or up a ramp(great for heaters, softeners, tanks) storage all around, and you can use different tow vehicles if necessary. Depending on where you live, it might not be practical. Plus, if you don't like or aren't used to pulling a trailer, it can be a MAJOR pain in the a$$.

Comment

I need to get you guys a pic of my uncle's van. He's an electrician and his Chevy Astro is literally packed to the brim. Last time I saw him open the back doors, a whole bunch of stuff came falling out. The front of the van isn't much better. I'm sure he would win the award. I'll try to get around to his house sometime this week to take pics for you guys.
      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

what I try and keep my van to look like
        Attached Files
        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

How did I miss this thread? Great stuff!
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
            what I try and keep my van to look like
            MY GOD ! How can you work out of a truck like that? Just kidding ..I know there are ways for me to improve on my truck. My buddy keeps telling me to build a pipe box inside. But then I would have to cut my cage door for 10' pieces of pipe. I Need a bigger truck ..
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i clean mine after every job. i have triped over the junk before, now it is clean
              Last edited by ranman; 10-11-2010, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I managed to get my Job trailer cleaned up

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                  MY GOD ! How can you work out of a truck like that? Just kidding ..I know there are ways for me to improve on my truck. My buddy keeps telling me to build a pipe box inside. But then I would have to cut my cage door for 10' pieces of pipe. I Need a bigger truck ..
                  By the way that was a clean day I have a ladder rack on my roof with a 6" length of pvc for 10' of copper and pvc
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

OkieBill, you have great taste in tools! I see two Hilti cases right by the Stihl cut saw. Niiiiiicccce. Good tools always come through. At this point in my life, (actually, quite a while now) I've given up on cheap tools. If I'll never use it again, I'll rent it; if I will use it, I buy quality.

Comment

I was hoping to get at least an honorable mention in this thread

I've got pictures people, TONS of pictures of what looks like the back of a garbage truck...but my deposits every week don't lie. I'm wookin!

What has helped is I've been buying 3 packs of Old Spice cologne, turn the bottle upside down mounted to the back of the truck with duct tape so it's on a drip feed.

That way when they see the mess, they instantly say, "Well it might look bad but it sure smells good back here!"
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Re: I was hoping to get at least an honorable mention in this thread

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

I've got pictures people, TONS of pictures of what looks like the back of a garbage truck...but my deposits every week don't lie. I'm wookin!

What has helped is I've been buying 3 packs of Old Spice cologne, turn the bottle upside down mounted to the back of the truck with duct tape so it's on a drip feed.

That way when they see the mess, they instantly say, "Well it might look bad but it sure smells good back here!"
                        Excellent. Def. A runner up .Around here I think the mexi's prefer stetson in their trucks
                        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Re: I was hoping to get at least an honorable mention in this thread

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

"
                          THAT is maybe the best tip I've ever read on this thread. I think I might try that if I can get some Aramis 900. LOL

Start a new thread for van helpful hints with this and I'll be happy to nominate it.
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                          X