Maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maintenance

I have the rags right in the back of my truck to wipe the tools off. And I oil the cable with WD-40 as they are feeding back into the machines. Not hard just a habit I always do. I hate it when I hire people who show looking like they just got out of bed and dressed dirty and holy cloths. I strive to look as professional as I can.

As for the K60 I do like it but it takes me too long to prep the job site so I don’t make a mess. Most of the home in my area have basements, that are finished. NO OUTSIDE CO

As for me I am 6’1.5 tall and a strapping 309 LBS pounds of kinda lean drain cleaning machine.

I like to think of myself as unstoppable!

Even after my wife picked me up from back surgery, I went tight home and got under my truck and replaced the muffler 20 hours after I had surgery
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      Doing so many jobs per day, how on earth do you get the energy/ambition to clean/oil after EVERY single job I hold off on the maintenance if I know I'll have back to back or a job shortly after.

Keep in mind I have a seven day work week

Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
      1-920-284-7471

Comment

A picture of my son and I.

This is a picture of him at 16 months
        34 ½ “ tall and 27 pounds
        He is going to be a little bruiser like his daddy
        Attached Files
        Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
          Your last name wouldn't happen to be Dunbar, would it?

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
            Your last name wouldn't happen to be Dunbar, would it?
            no ??
            Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

Don't we all

Comment

A clean drain cleaner knows what up. I clean every thing after each day/ job. I hate it when the van smells worst than it has too. I too dont like to the K60 in a finshed basement either than means tarps and runners. I think clean tools and techs are worth more than a guy with dirty tools and yesterdays shirt.

Comment

K7500 15-25 times a week, clean machine and oil cable after every use,

K750 5-6 times a week, clean machine and oil cable after every use

K39 and K39AF 10-20 times a week, clean machine and pull out cable after every use.

K-60 2 times a year same as above

K3800 5 times a week clean machine and oil cable after every use

K380 only when I have to. It a piece of junk, I done clean this thing.

In van jetter 3-5 times a week clean hose and check fluids every use

Spartan 758 trailer jetter. 1-15 times a week. clean hoses pressure wash unit every time I use it, check all fluids. Change oil in pump and engine every 100 hours

As foe lube and oil and grease I check and lube it every Sunday morning

As I have not had a day off in 5+ years. I can’t let thing go

I still am averaging 60-80 billable hours a week.
                  Thanks. Very detailed summary. Sounds like you keep on top of your equipment and are good at preventative maintenance.

J.C.

Comment

Well I been thinking on how to reply to this thread. I have enough equipment to get 6 trucks set up for drain cleaning. We have 2 on the road at all times and a third truck on standby in case one of the other two break down and is in the shop.

As for the other three sets of equipment they are stored in our shop to be used when one of the machines on the trucks breaks down. This way a truck will always be up and running while the machine that broke down gets repaired. We also have some specialty equipment and machines that do not see much use. For example a K-1000 and as much as some love the Eel Model C we have one that works great in crawl spaces, so when we get a crawl space job that machine is loaded up. The extra equipment is checked on monthly to ensure they do not freeze up, during this checking we run them and lube them up per the manufactures instructions. The extra cable for these machines where lubed up before they where put up so we do not bother re-lubing them.

As for the machines on the trucks its the responsibility of the truck operator to maintain the machine they are using. I grease my rods up weekly and oil the cable weekly as well.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    Ron's Facebook
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Thanks all.

How often are you replacing cable?

Which type & brand do you prefer?

How often do you purchase cutters/heads?

Type and brand?

J.C.

Comment

Damn man
                        I'm pretty sure you could arm wrestle my whole body and still kick my azz.

Now, your son..thats a whole other story... I'm pretty sure I could take him, provided he missed his nap and he's still under the age of 3yrs old.
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by gene bickford View Post
                          damn man
                          I'm pretty sure you could arm wrestle my whole body and still kick my azz.

Now, your son..thats a whole other story... I'm pretty sure i could take him, provided he missed his nap and he's still under the age of 3yrs old.

tff lmao
                          Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
                          1-920-284-7471

Comment

We should get our kids together and have them wrestle we can charge at the door and make a killing. PM me and we can work out the details
                            Attached Files

Comment

didn't we already try this with ben and me

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

No one paid to see that. Thrown in a mud pit and those q-tip looking things from American Gladiators and now we have a show.

Minus the outfits because no one wants to see you and Ben in that!

Comment

Working...
                                X