Maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance

What drain machine's do you primarily use? Ridgid, Electric Eel, Spartan, General, Gorlitz, Mytana, Rothenberger etc.

Specific Models?

(I do know many that some use. But it's a good reminder and education for me. Thanks.)

How often do they get used? Example:

"My K-60 gets used 400 times annually. My K-39 gets used 150 times annually."

What specific maintenance are you having to do on your primary machines?

At what intervals?

Thanks for all input.

J.C.

Re: Maintenance

We have ...

2 - K-50's - used approx. 50 Times a year

1 - K-1500 - Used approx. 10 times a year

1 - General Speedrooter 92 (I hate it) - used twice since we bought it 1.5 years ago.

As far a maintenance goes..I just pressure wash the cables down and scrub them with a hard bristle brush. For the smaller cable in the K-50 I'll use WD-40 when I'm done cleaning.

We don't do much drain cleaning.

Comment

Why do you dislike the General so much?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Anyone else? No maintenance?

J.C.

Comment

I run Electric Eel

My Model N gets out about 325 times a year ...
          I Replace about 60 ft of cable each year

My Model D gets out 200 times a season
          Change the power feed bearings each year cable has been changed once in 8 years

Comment

DM-55 grease and lube every 30 day's Over kill but machine will last for a 100 years. Lube cables after every job. Keep machines clean check wires for splits or cracks. other machines grease and lubed every 6 months.
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

K-60 (the workhorse) gets used about 4-8 times a week

K-50 with 5/8" cable or drum adapter gets used about 4-8 times also

The eel model c maybe a hand full of times a month, just on the really nasty root job.

The k-7500 sits on the van and is jealous of the k-60! I only use it maybe once a month, that might even be a stretch. It does look nice on the van. I use Ridgid snake oil on the cable after ever cleaning.

I power wash and snake oil sectional cables about 3 times a year, i used to do it more just to damn busy to do it. I do WD 40 the connectors on each job. I take apart grease and clean the k-60 and k-50 twice a year.

Comment

Seems everyone doesn't have much maintenance at all as long as they go with a professional brand.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Seems everyone doesn't have much maintenance at all as long as they go with a professional brand.

Thanks.

J.C.
                  I do what others have taught me here.

The K-7500 only gets moved when it's time to do the bi-annual garage cleaning.

K-60:Wd-40 ends.
                  K-39:Pull the cable after every use.Clean the can occasionally(Thanks Rick)
                  KJ-3000:Run motor every couple months while spraying off a bad sewer job on cables.

Comment

I use all Spartan machines. The 2001 i grease the bearings on the feeder every 3 months, oil the cable every month. the 81 i just oil the cable and loosen and tighten bolts so they dont get rusty get stuck. The 100 i oil the cable and grease loosen and tighten bolts so they dont rust. thats about it.
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I primarily use my trusty Edith. Take her out of the bucket and plug her in, and she's good to go.

I did use her for actual drilling, for the first time the other day. I don't think she liked it. I think she feels she's above that now
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

K7500 15-25 times a week, clean machine and oil cable after every use,

K750 5-6 times a week, clean machine and oil cable after every use

K39 and K39AF 10-20 times a week, clean machine and pull out cable after every use.

K-60 2 times a year same as above

K3800 5 times a week clean machine and oil cable after every use

K380 only when I have to. It a piece of junk, I done clean this thing.

In van jetter 3-5 times a week clean hose and check fluids every use

Spartan 758 trailer jetter. 1-15 times a week. clean hoses pressure wash unit every time I use it, check all fluids. Change oil in pump and engine every 100 hours

As foe lube and oil and grease I check and lube it every Sunday morning

As I have not had a day off in 5+ years. I can’t let thing go

I still am averaging 60-80 billable hours a week.
                        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                        1-920-284-7471

Comment

mike, if you don't slow down or get some help, you'll need maintenance too

where's the love for the k-60

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
                            K7500 15-25 times a week, clean machine and oil cable after every use,

K750 5-6 times a week, clean machine and oil cable after every use

K39 and K39AF 10-20 times a week, clean machine and pull out cable after every use.

K-60 2 times a year same as above

K3800 5 times a week clean machine and oil cable after every use

K380 only when I have to. It a piece of junk, I done clean this thing.

In van jetter 3-5 times a week clean hose and check fluids every use

Spartan 758 trailer jetter. 1-15 times a week. clean hoses pressure wash unit every time I use it, check all fluids. Change oil in pump and engine every 100 hours

As foe lube and oil and grease I check and lube it every Sunday morning

As I have not had a day off in 5+ years. I can’t let thing go

I still am averaging 60-80 billable hours a week.

Doing so many jobs per day, how on earth do you get the energy/ambition to clean/oil after EVERY single job I hold off on the maintenance if I know I'll have back to back or a job shortly after.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              mike, if you don't slow down or get some help, you'll need maintenance too

where's the love for the k-60

rick.

Rick, seriously.... if you did your work here in Wisconsin you'd find your rear resting on a bucket running a drum machine more often than not

Comment

Working...
                              X