Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just checking if anybody has any intrest in going green?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just checking if anybody has any intrest in going green?

I think many people are starting to care more about the planet than money, at least I am.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
      This weekend I was at the beach with my brothers camping . Now I am not going to claim I know much about why the beach has moved out more that a quarter mile in the last 150 yrs but it seems to me that the ocean is having a reverse affect then what they are claiming. I thought it was quite interesting.
      Were holding all the water in are 3 1/2 gal a flush toilets...
      I wont give mine up

Comment

I don't know how much people are into the enviroment in my area but they are into saving money and alot the time that goes with going green.

Comment

sometimes when the ocean erodes sand it redistributes it elswhere. Topsail Island NC is edging southward ever so slowly due to this. sand from the north end washes to the south.

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
          This weekend I was at the beach with my brothers camping and we had to walk from the campground over 1/3 of a mile to get to the beach. On the way there where makers and signs that showed where the beach was starting back from the 1840's. Now I am not going to claim I know much about why the beach has moved out more that a quarter mile in the last 150 yrs but it seems to me that the ocean is having a reverse affect then what they are claiming. I thought it was quite interesting.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

This past year I worked on a big job at a sewer Plant in my area. It was actually neat to see the process they go through when their plant receives our sewage.

I actually saw a machine that takes solids, and squeezes the water out of it, before the dry sludge is hauled away to the dump. That building that houses this piece of equipment has the worst smell I ever smelled in my life. It took me a few days to get use to the smell.

But the point of my post is this..

I asked the guys there, how much water waste they have. They told it to me like this..Water is treated and re-used...or treated and put back into the river near by.

I got to see the entire process, and it's actually neat to see if you guys ever get the chance to go.

Comment

Been there more times than I can count with the pump truck. It is just as you say here also.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                This settles it, I am going to remove the electric motors from my drum snakes and replace then with 8 hamsters running in a wheel to power my snakes.
                I see you have the Ridgid K-39AF as well.....

Comment

Originally posted by vegaschk View Post
                  I think many people are starting to care more about the planet than money, at least I am.
                  Spam is bad unless it is fried up for breakfast with a couple of eggs...

Comment

Working...
                  X