Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checking if anybody has any intrest in going green?

Well the economy has taken it's toll on us a little(slowed my growth a little) But even though people are more conservative with their dollars these days being in the sewer service business whether your cleaning them or repairing them has some positive pressure from the goverment on cleaning up and fixing leaks into our nations waters. Going Green is being jumped on by many companies to fit in and generate revenues. I have been approached by a few companies offering the use of their Green logos if I pay xxx to attend their seminars. I get a lot of my info of the internet anyway so I don't want to pay for a logo to use. So I was thinking if others where interested we could start a Sewer And Drain Cleaners Green America Association (SDCGAA) Create our own logo to use on our web sites and advertising and it could be as simple as a email list or ? If anybody is interested post your thoughts or email me.The only thing is that members would just be the Pros at sewer cleaning and repair that we are!
    Last edited by Cuda; 08-27-2010, 10:06 PM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Just checking if anybody has any intrest in going green?

The only thing "green" about going green is the $$$.
    Nobody cares about saving water. They just want a
    toilet that will flush anything they put down it.

Comment

Where I live Seattle a lot of people are really really into it. Things that have to do with us are pipe lining,pipe patches,pipe bursting. Water retention tanks , camera inspections etc.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Green is all a big fat scam! Lead by dumb a-ss Al Gore. That said there is probally money to be made.
        You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          Where I live Seattle a lot of people are really really into it. Things that have to do with us are pipe lining,pipe patches,pipe bursting. Water retention tanks , camera inspections etc.
          What's green about pipe lining, pipe patches, pipe bursting, and camera inspections?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            What's green about pipe lining, pipe patches, pipe bursting, and camera inspections?

J.C.

Not a damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
              Pipe lining,patches,bursting are alternate methods of repair then destroying a aged mature landscape. Cameras can show leaking sewer lines that need repair before the sewer even backs up. Stopping the sewage from getting to the ground water and to the lakes and streams.
              Last edited by Cuda; 08-27-2010, 11:11 PM.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

And just for the record most who know me know I use a 18GPM jetter not a 2GPM so that should show where I am on the gore subject. I did not post this to debate the whole green thing just the opposite! For instance a plumber sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring in this slow economy could be out installing a catch basin that the (Green landscapers ) need put in to feed the new rock garden they are making that is funded by tax dollars to be paid to registered contractors only.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

as mentioned the green thing is the person collecting the cash from the tree huggers.

now with drain cleaning, i would rather go brown and attract some attention. green is just a buzz word. brown is the real $hit

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I just hope the greens are right and the sea level rises in next fifty years as I will be in my prime and have a beach frontage at home as I have to travel for two hours to get to my favorte beach now.

Tony

Comment

Consumers are going to inquire somewhat to any business as to how they are contributing to the cause.

Green has become a marketing tool which for the most part(as always) abused.It's our scumbag human nature.I personally was getting tired of seeing simple sleezers profiting only from the word.Past couple years of depression has kept them in their hole

On the other hand a company seriously concerned about the ecology is an important quality and if they are making a serious effort they should be rewarded the consumers pat on the back,or more noticeably...Greenbacks.

Comment

You guys are being a little tuff on Cuda. The pipe bursting and relineing and replacing drain lines is very "green". Cities are treating millions if not billions of gallons of ground water that leach or leak into sewer and drain lines. I say if saying you are green helps you make money then great and starting your own green accociation instead of paying another is a great idea. It won't work for me in my area, but if it works for you that is great.

Remember if you aren't using a toilet seat bidet you aren't green!!!!!!!!!!
                        Last edited by saysflushable; 08-28-2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

This settles it, I am going to remove the electric motors from my drum snakes and replace then with 8 hamsters running in a wheel to power my snakes.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                            You guys are being a little tuff on Cuda. The pipe bursting and relineing and replacing drain lines is very "green". Cities are treating millions if not billions of gallons of ground water that leach or leak into sewer and drain lines. I say if saying you are green helps you make money then great and starting your own green accociation instead of paying another is a great idea. It won't work for me in my area, but if it works for you that is great.

Remember if you aren't using a toilet seat bidet you aren't green!!!!!!!!!!
                            I don't know if that's "GREEN" at all or not. There is x amount of water on earth. No more. No less. Assuming that sewer is polluted water, then any introduction of clean water decreases the polluted percentage.

Which is more "polluted"? Ground water or sewer water? Common sense seems to lean toward ground water being cleaner as it is filtered by the earth. (Need data though)

If true, then the groundwater can possibly decrease the pollution concentration of the sewer systems effluent. Yes? No? The "Greenies" don't know either.

And the "Greenies" never, ever, look at the total impact on a product or method instituted with the Green label. Just off the top of my head let's say....

A rain barrel. They will immediately look at it as a way to "save" water. (Water cannot be "saved" by the way. The same amount is always here.) And also claim it to be ecological, earth friendly, and very much "GREEN". I've ran into some of these people.

Then I ask them what is the total earth impact of the rain barrel. They always look at me confused. So I ask:

What raw materials are used?
                            How much water is required to produce those raw materials?
                            How much water is required to produce the final product?
                            What about distribution of the product? And the raw materials and water used in the distribution?
                            The workers at the factory that make the rain barrel, how much water do they use at the plant?
                            What's the cost for them to get there? Transportation? How much CO does that transportation cost?

I could go on and on. But you probably get the picture by now. People have a tendency to see what they want rather than look at the big picture or challenge their own personal perspective as it may change their thought and make them uncomfortable.

I've never, ever, seen a "GREEN" product completely thought out in regards to it's total impact. And that is the very selling point of the whole thing.

In short, I'm horrible at selling something that I don't have a good foundation to believe in it.

So I currently can't sell ANYTHING as being "GREEN".

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                              I just hope the greens are right and the sea level rises in next fifty years as I will be in my prime and have a beach frontage at home as I have to travel for two hours to get to my favorte beach now.

Tony

This weekend I was at the beach with my brothers camping and we had to walk from the campground over 1/3 of a mile to get to the beach. On the way there where makers and signs that showed where the beach was starting back from the 1840's. Now I am not going to claim I know much about why the beach has moved out more that a quarter mile in the last 150 yrs but it seems to me that the ocean is having a reverse affect then what they are claiming. I thought it was quite interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X