X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Ridgid Fix the Cable?

Many have been dissatisfied with their experiences using Ridgid's 3/4" drum cable.

Anything ever done?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Did Ridgid Fix the Cable?

Last batch of Ridgid cable I got I cut off the female ends and put on the punch pin ends. Its still going strong.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Last batch of Ridgid cable I got I cut off the female ends and put on the punch pin ends. Its still going strong.
      Thanks Ron. I knew I remembered a thread. Ya'll didn't think I would let it go did you?

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31142

J.C.

Comment

Ridgid is not known for having the best cable, They are weak and like to bend easy. On some of the smaller cable I have known them to kink up so bad on the first time down that the cable had to be thrown away and sadly some threw the machine in the corner never to be used again. I was at one job another cleaning company was trying to get open ( we was both called to clean the drain he was there and stuck before I got there ) he was using the 1 1/4" with a K 1500 and had built up a pile of about seven cables that were bent up before he got stuck he said that guy he is working for is buying a lot of cables to day the cleaners around here charge the customer for any bent or broken cable and they all use Ridgid cable but me, I guess they couldn't stay in business if they didn't. Ridgid just never got the temper right in there cable, I think there machines are great I use all Ridgid machines, there cutters are good about 1/3 of the cutters I use are Ridgid, but the cables I wont use any more I use all general Cables. But I have picked up some good deals on like brand new Ridgid machines just replace the cable and it is ready to work.

Comment

i use the ridgid c-10 and c-10ic on my k-60 with great results. i only wish they would have a few different 7/8'' to choose from like they have in the 5/8'' and 1.25'' sectional cables.

as far as 1.25'', i use the 10' sections of innercore with my timberwolf. 15' sections would be too difficult to work with on a drill motor/ timberwolf.

also have a couple 4' sections for the difficult sections.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X