X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flue Brushes and the k-60

Has anybody used the flue brushes with the k-60 ? ..Got some ideas yesterday after I extracted an 1 1/2" galvanized nipple from an old waste line, Went out to the truck and got my 2" copper cleaning brush cut the handle off and put it in my cordless drill.. got a little dusty but it worked awsome.. Was wondering if the flue brush heads would work the same way but on larger pipes Or are there any uses for the flue brushes when it comes to cleaning drains
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Flue Brushes and the k-60

flue brushes are designed for straight copper runs inside heat exchangers.

you will destroy them if you try to navigate a 90.

the ones available are 1.5''-3'' for the 5/8'' sectional and 1.5''-6'' for the 1.25'' cable.

honestly the 4 blade cutter is your best bet.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

what the heck is a flue brush ?
      Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
      1-920-284-7471

Comment

Here you go.

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Ironic...I was about to PM someone here to ask about flue brushes and their intended uses.

I might pick a few up for those baffle chambers that are blocked solid on boilers.

Comment

in large complexes they use boilers that have tubes in them and they need to be cleaned from time to time depending on the fuel used in the boiler, in the school I worked at they used motor oil for the fuel in the boilers, and they would have to be cleaned from time to time,

the picture below is of rolling the tube in to place, but the boiler is similar, the tubes would spring leaks from time to time and for a short time one could put plugs in the tubes, to keep the system up, but after so many were plugged they would have to be changed out, and the rolling process is how they hold them in to place,

I did not do the boiler work but did spend some time up at the boiler house when he was working on the the boilers, the school had two (there may have been three of them) boilers so one could be down for maintenance and the other working and my guess is at -40 they may have needed both to keep up with the heat needs, it has been 30 years since I was around that equipment,

at the school they had the brushes on pipes and just slid them in and out of the tubes. I am sure Old Abe would have loved to have a K400 and some flue brushes,
            Attached Files
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

makes me wish I worked on more fire-tube boilers

Then I could justify buying a K-60

Comment

Working...
              X