Water tank - low water alarm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water tank - low water alarm

I`m interested to find out what you use to cut engine power when water level in the tank gets too low. Several times Ive run out or nearly run out of water, and I have to do a mad sprint from the clients backyard to turn the jetter engine off. Our smaller jetter pumps don`t like to run without water for very long, and I don`t want to replace the engine if I could just install a low water alarm which also cuts power to the engine. I know some more expensive pumps have run dry capacity, but my little unit doesnt.
    What sort of alarm device should I get ?

Re: Water tank - low water alarm

google "low water shutoff". works in usa. wire it like a "kill switch" on a bike. in other words run the ignition wire through switch. need a normally closed switch, open on fall "low water". breid..............

Comment

Hi RootRanger on mine it looks like the same switch as was used on a davey rain bank as the level sensor. It is fitted into the water tank at the desired level. Looks simple and would be easy to do yourself.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

my us jetter is run dry. my other trailer has a float switch that will kill the ignition.

i think any float can be wired to the low oil sensor by using a ground wire circuit. pretty simple to do.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

You know when it's running dry dry by the pulse in the line changes it's running along fine then the line starts to vibrate so you go check and yes it's low.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
            I`m interested to find out what you use to cut engine power when water level in the tank gets too low. Several times Ive run out or nearly run out of water, and I have to do a mad sprint from the clients backyard to turn the jetter engine off. Our smaller jetter pumps don`t like to run without water for very long, and I don`t want to replace the engine if I could just install a low water alarm which also cuts power to the engine. I know some more expensive pumps have run dry capacity, but my little unit doesn't.
            What sort of alarm device should I get ?
            Call the office tomorrow and we will send you one. If you fit one to a Briggs and Stratton/Vanguard motor you will need a relay or you will short out the low water cut-out float switch. The switch comes with a wiring diagram and they are cheap compared with a new pump! 30 seconds is all you need for a melt-down! Honda motor's don't need a relay although the connection point has changed on the new Honda motors. The new Vanguard and Honda's now come with a 3 year warranty. (Our Bertolinni pumps and gearboxes also now come with a 3 year warranty. A first for Australia!)

Don't forget to fit it 25mm above your outlet and don't fit it directly under the inlet or return to tank points. Good luck!
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Red Wings size 10 on the smaller unit.

Comment

Working...
              X