X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K50 just got better

I was augureing a tub drain that was all 1.5 galvinized. I think it had a cast trap but I'm not sure. I've always had trouble getting the connecters on 5/8 sectionals to make a 1.5" I.P. 90. So I cut an end off of a section of 5/8 this left me about 7' of cable that could go around all the fittings. It worked like a champ. Now I would like a full 15 foot length of 5/8 just for galvinized. I made my own guide hose so I already run 2 pieces of 5/8 hooked together. It sure beats monkeying around with 7.5foot sections. Anyway I hope this helps some others.

Re: K50 just got better

that's what my 7/8'' c-10 secret weapon is all about. the trick is that you have to run the motor in reverse so it acts as an auger. heat and sharpen the end and put a 45 bend in the last couple inches and you have the best auger in town that doesn't break.

the 5/8'' comes in a heavy duty tight wind that 10'.

try making the 7/8'' cable and then you have a secret weapon that will open any drain

remember that you have to run the motor in reverse to grab like a corkscrew.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
      I was augureing a tub drain that was all 1.5 galvinized. I think it had a cast trap but I'm not sure. I've always had trouble getting the connecters on 5/8 sectionals to make a 1.5" I.P. 90. So I cut an end off of a section of 5/8 this left me about 7' of cable that could go around all the fittings. It worked like a champ. Now I would like a full 15 foot length of 5/8 just for galvinized. I made my own guide hose so I already run 2 pieces of 5/8 hooked together. It sure beats monkeying around with 7.5foot sections. Anyway I hope this helps some others.
      So basically you have a 7' straight auger..So what you guys are saying is....It's the connectors that struggle due to their stiffness.Get rid of the first connector and the rest shall follow..But getting a 5/8" cable through a tub trap esp. 1 1/2" seems impossible even with that set up.
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

actually it's not. the double connector will not bend the radius of the trap. eliminating the cutter connector and the cable connector you end up with a very flexable cable that's just under 7'6''.

2'' traps i use the 5/8'' cable with 4 blade cutter.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          So basically you have a 7' straight auger..So what you guys are saying is....It's the connectors that struggle due to their stiffness.Get rid of the first connector and the rest shall follow..But getting a 5/8" cable through a tub trap esp. 1 1/2" seems impossible even with that set up.
          Oh it is possible even with the 5/8 connectors at least it can go through a 1.5 pvc trap. the trouble comes with 1.5 IP 90. then the connectors have huge trouble.

Comment

Working...
          X