X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: treating roots a different way

those are great for the city connection at the saddle. 6'' x 8'' wye. i don't think this will work on the 4'' wye as it would still need to be lined from the branch wye and the run. unless they can install and reinstate from a 3'' opening 37' away, it wouldn't be accessible.

so far the least complicated and least expensive option is to jet the wye clean and drill the concrete to add root killer. a couple 1/2'' holes and my pressure probe with 90 degree nozzle will allow me to shoot the juice every direction around the fitting.

i'll be going there thursday to discuss it with the owner.

welcome to the forum uk

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
      the roundup is interesting, but does it require sunlight to work

rick.

Roundup needs to contact green leaves to work[/QUOTE]

Some herbicides do require photosynthesis to work properly. The plant must be absorbing sunlight in order to absorb the chemical as well. Obviously RootX is not one of them.

Rick, I would just go with a yearly RootX application it's quick and simple.

Comment

I think it's a good idea Rick and worth a try.

Comment

Rick, Dan just sent me a case of RootX and while I was reading the label on one of the 2 Lb jars it was kind enough to inform me that it is illegal to apply RootX directly to the soil in California

Now what???

Comment

i'm going there saturday to jet the 3'' -4'' lines and the 6'' main out to the street.

wasn't planning on rootx in the soil. i was planning to use copper sulfate hot juice

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X