X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old marco power pak-60

The machine was given to me. I bought a few parts for it and installed up to date GFCI and air-switch/foot control.

Here is a couple pics I snapped and proof there is heavy root intrusion into the old 3" concrete drain.

I opened the line,pactched it with tin/concrete and scheduled a date to replace it.

Tough little machine and asking it to cut roots is reaching but it did fine for this particular situation.

I clean drains when I'm forced to. I'm a one man shop and keep busy as I wanna be with other type repairs.But there is a certain amount of satisfaction in clearing a drain...cant really explain it cant deny it.

Re: Old marco power pak-60

me too. i really like that i make 2 or 3 times as much dough as regular plumbing. depends on drain. breid.................

Comment

nice pictures

is that the 1/2'' or 5/8'' cable?

rookie plumber is the only other guy that i know on the forum that uses marco. but he put a lot of time and improvements outfitting several trucks with them.

keep up the photos. we need some color on the forum

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

not so Rick there is another one......

mine is still a money maker!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          nice pictures

is that the 1/2'' or 5/8'' cable?

rookie plumber is the only other guy that i know on the forum that uses marco. but he put a lot of time and improvements outfitting several trucks with them.

keep up the photos. we need some color on the forum

rick.
          It's 5/8" cable with innercore. I love the lil machine for what it is....I dont do too much drain cleaning I usually sub it out to a friend. I pick my battles. This particular drain was only 20' long before it hit the septic tank and the call started out as a leak in the wall. The copper dwv k-sink drain was split on the vertical. After I corrected that problem I found the drain was backing up.....so I broke out the lil marco on it.

I love posting pics so i will do

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
            not so Rick there is another one......

mine is still a money maker!
            i can't tell what's older rich

is it the marco

the blue american standard

or the wood water ski's

you sure you didn't snap the photo in the smithsonian

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Might as well have been the smithsonian.... It was my grandfathers' lake house basement. Main line stoppage, no the wc isnt hooked up, been there since he built the house in the 50's never seen water.

Comment

That is one sweet Marco. Brilliant design. They even thought of A/C on it to keep you cool.

J.C.

Comment

BTW Rick how you feelin? Ya know with a drum machine I dont even touch the cables,

Comment

it was the flea bites that got me nothing like a shot in the a$$ the size of a harpoon

i think my a$$ hurts more than my leg

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      it was the flea bites that got me nothing like a shot in the a$$ the size of a harpoon

i think my a$$ hurts more than my leg

rick.
                      Gamma Gloublin Rick? That shot is the worst.....

Comment

Made an improvement on the old marco powerpak 60. I had a mexican weld some 3/4" couplings on the front of the frame to make it level. Before it was leaning down because of the wheels. Then I went to ace and found some thick rubber feet to help protect floors and keep the machine from moving.

The machine was given to me and it had an old electric foot pedal the kind that electrocute people......so I added a GFCI outlet,air switch and today i added the feet.

It holds 75' of 1/2 ic cable. I had fun rebuilding it.....I know its not worth the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                          Made an improvement on the old marco powerpak 60. I had a mexican weld some 3/4" couplings on the front of the frame to make it level. Before it was leaning down because of the wheels. Then I went to ace and found some thick rubber feet to help protect floors and keep the machine from moving.

The machine was given to me and it had an old electric foot pedal the kind that electrocute people......so I added a GFCI outlet,air switch and today i added the feet.

It holds 75' of 1/2 ic cable. I had fun rebuilding it.....I know its not worth the time.

Looks realy good and remember [free is for me] so it's allways wearth it
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                          X