Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sump Pump Pit Sizing

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
    just woundering how much dough do we need to shell out for that thing
    The forum froze on me while trying to edit my last post. I wanted to point out why the Ion Genesis is worth its cost.
    1. Built in Alternate for duplex system
    2. Can be used on a single pump will automatically not alternate.
    3. programmable turn on level
    4. High water alarm with visual and audio alarms
    5. remote alarm port for auto dialers or alarm company hook ups.
    6. Senses the current draw on the pump and will sound an alarm if its drawing to much current or not enough
    Just the things I listed from 3 on to 6 make it a much better choice than a normal control panel. Is this for every pump install? Not really not at the cost. For a place that has back up power (generator) this unit fits the bill. Since it does give you alarms you would not have with a standard pump, that you normally get with most battery back up systems.

So for the job where after doing the math for square footage of the house, property, driveway and how much open soil is around the property, the sump basin that would fit this bill is a 24" dia x 30" deep basin (replacing a 15" dia x 20" deep basin. With this larger pit I can take advantage of using the Ion Genesis to run a duplex pump since the home is getting a whole house generator. Also I can adjust the turn on level even more to make the pumps run the most efficient way.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
      Engineers Suck!!!!!!
      Plumbers stink!

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        Well Mr Lee, I was talking about engineers wanting to keep a sump pit at 18" diameter, but making it deeper. So using switch like you described will not work in this case. (not enough room for the switch to move around) So a pump controller like the Zoeller 10-0125 control panel with the multiple switch design. (Off-On_Alarm) would be a better fit, or the new Ion Genesis since there is no moving parts, it just uses pressure plates and digital electronics to control the on time and the lower switch position to turn the unit off.

And I know all about the N-53 I still prefer Hydromatics over the Zoeller In the upgrade I am doing I am putting in the Ion Genesis, with a pair of Hydromatic OSP50M1 if the owner wanted Zoeller then I would be putting in a pair of N-98 instead.
        Great backpeddling

So you now admit they are adjustable, just forgot?

They can still be used in a 18" pit, offering way more adjustment then the sidearm M53 brother.

Everyone does know why the M53 got so popular right?
        So the cheap builder could use a 5 gal bucket for a crock, S..t you not!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee H View Post
          Great backpeddling

So you now admit they are adjustable, just forgot?

They can still be used in a 18" pit, offering way more adjustment then the sidearm M53 brother.

Everyone does know why the M53 got so popular right?
          So the cheap builder could use a 5 gal bucket for a crock, S..t you not!
          Yes I forgot about extending them out more, the reason I forgot is I refuse to sell or install them for small sump pits. They are adjustable to a point but not enough in the sump pits I am talking about. Yes in my new 24" pit it will work. But to be honest I never liked that style switch since you are bending a set of wires back and forth they do eventually break.

The only time you will see me install a set of float switches is in the larger basins with a pump controller that uses three of them (off-on-alarm), which in this case they are only extended beyond their tie in point by 3 ½" or tied off with a weight at the same distance.

To tell you why I do not sell Zoeller all that much and prefer Hydromatic. The D-A-1 has a turn on level of 6¾" and a turn off at 3¾" with the standard switch. In the deeper sump pits I will change the switch out to an ejector switch so the turn on level goes to 10 ¾" and still turns off at 3 ¾" Where as the Zoeller M-53 you are stuck with the turn on level. And to go with the N53 and a adjustable float switch that fails a lot more often than the switch in the M53 is not an option for me.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
          X