• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? k-60 k-50

i am a drum guy, but i am intrested in sectionals
    so i am wondering can theese machines jump tub traps 1 1/2
    also if the only way is through the cleanout at the bottom of a p-trap
    are theese machines designed for that or would you need the drum attatchment.

Re: ? k-60 k-50

K-60 in 5/8"

Comment

i use my k-50 with 5/8'' cable in 2'' shower and washing machine traps all the time. when it's a 1.5'' trap i use the k-39.

i'm sure i can get it through a 1.5'' trap if i needed to, but i don't take the chance.

nothing wrong with the drum adapter, i just prefer the k-39/ k45.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

If your looking to go through 1-1/2" traps the k-50 with the drum adapter will work very well. The 5/8" sectional cable has a hard time going through 1-1/2" traps. but the 5/16" cable makes it a breeze.

If your looking for a machine to cable 1-1/2" - 6" lines the k-60 will do you well!

Comment

You will get around a 40mm trap with a K-39 as it rotates at 600rpm but the K-50 at 400rpm I have not been able to do it as far as the K-60 it also rotates at 600rpm ask Rick as I wouldn`t use one to clear just sinks.

Tony

Comment

I can clear 1-1/2" Cast Iron tub traps with the 5/8" sectional cable and the straight auger.

PVC traps, usually the 5/8" cable will make it if the outlet of the trap (weir) is inline with the bend. If it's turned, that is sometimes a problem for me.

I usually need the drum adapter for copper/cast brass traps.

Rigdid makes a "flexible" straight auger for the 5/8" sectional which I'm sure would make all traps easier.

The hitch with the 5/8" cable and traps is that the connecter coupling makes the cable rather inflexible at that point, which can make some traps and bends difficult.

I still maintain that the K-50 is a great all-around inside the house drain machine.

I use mine on a daily basis with great success (cue Borat with a high five). The drum adapter gives the machine a LOT of versatility.

I really don't like pistol/drill machines, but had to get my super vee out yesterday for a tub trap bottom clean out (like you were describing). I had to wipe all the dust off first though!

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
              If your looking to go through 1-1/2" traps the k-50 with the drum adapter will work very well. The 5/8" sectional cable has a hard time going through 1-1/2" traps. but the 5/16" cable makes it a breeze.

If your looking for a machine to cable 1-1/2" - 6" lines the k-60 will do you well!
              Yep
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
              X