Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiped out

had 2 unexpected jetting jobs yesterday. first job when like a charm

second job was an elderly person with caretakers and they've been flushing wipes for 6 months for her and her husband. husband passed away a week ago

needless to say the master bathroom was plugged and the guest was ok. the 4'' front c/o had wipes in there, but i was able to jet the 75' to the 6'' saddle and clear out the roots and wipes. then i attempted to go upstream from the 1 way c/o. managed to get 52' in, but that was just going into the guest/ good bathroom.

so i go onto the flat white reflective roof on the hottest day ever recorded in the city of los angeles. 113 i knew i had to jet past the front c/o and then reverse the nozzle from the c/o to the vent. this would allow me to pull the jet towards me from the ground and blast out the wipes.

of course i have the owners son watching inside the bathroom for blowback. he was suppose to come outside and let me know so i can shut it off jetting from the roof vent to the front c/o, no blowback. reversed the nozzle and retrieved the hose from the front c/o. ending up blowing a sausage of wipes out the toilet with the son watching. this was an 80' run from the roof vent to the front c/o. all the wipes packed together and forced the water back out the toilet. come 7:30 p.m i had enough. packed up the jetter and figured i'll come back today and try to snag them with the k-60 reverse auger.

so today it cooled down to 103 with 60% humidity back up to the hot roof and start off with 45' and hook a wad. pulled out and went at it again to 75' cleared the toilet and sink. tub and shower back to back still plugged. no luck from the shower with the old school 1.5'' durham fittings.

back up to the roof with th k-50 and 5/8''reverse auger cleared it and all is well. except mei'm wiped out. too much sun and no fun.

so the k-60 and k-50 made a 4000# 18 gpm jetter take a back seat

rick.

hot white roof. first pass with the k-60 7/8'' reverse auger. pulled out a clump.

k-60/k-50 reverse auger catch. this is a mortar tray that i normally set pulled toilets in.

did i tell you it was hot. and this is indoors.

look at the temperature and time of day. note the total distance and average speed. getting nowhere slowly.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-28-2010, 10:38 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: wiped out

Reminds me of a well pump job on a golf course on a hot day and the whole time I am thinking and people come out here and walk around for fun
    But drain cleaning in the heat you have to love what you do

Comment

We don't have flat roofs up here. Looks like you had a rough day, all that sun and all. I don't know why you had a problem with the whipes, the package says "flushable". I stayed in the shade all day, mostly under a house on my belly, then two auto washer boxes installed, and the k-39 down the overflow to clear a tub. Also relocated a pressure regulator and installed a ball valve. Productive day, but my whole body is hurting now.
      The Other Rick

Comment

Rick move to michigan..........it was 56 out and poored ran for two days !

Comment

I saw the temps on the news
          You got the weather we had all summer long

Comment

Was in the 60's yesterday. This does prove what I been saying for years. A jetter has a time and place, and I always rod a line before I jet.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Sounds like you should have mentioned a toilet seat bidet to them.

Comment

Gee Rick what are you going feel like if you have to do a job like that in 2 or 3 more years from now when your really old

Comment

See,I told you service plumbers were wimps.
                  We were working right around the corner from you up two houses from Rookie Plumber's house.
                  6:30-2:30
                  Finished up the gas rough in and knocked out the complete waste on a raised floor 2bath stripped down to the floor joist(no roof).
                  Day before was alot worse.

At least now I know when I drag out my drain cleaning equip. I'm eligible for pity points.

Once again P-Rick's making my life more pleasant.Thanks Rick

Comment

I had it the worst, I tell ya......I sat in my air conditioned office drinking coffee and talking to the best plumbers in the world. It was rough

Way to stick with it and get the job done Rick!

Comment

adam, weren't you telling me that you packed up early because you couldn't handle the pipe and wrenches due to the heat

you said you couldn't work with gloves on

no glove, no love

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

working in the heat like that sure takes it out of one, especially when one is not really acclimated to it,
                        be careful working in that kind of heat, keep your self hydrated, and if you need to take a break and get cooled down do so,
                        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                        attributed to Samuel Johnson
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          adam, weren't you telling me that you packed up early because you couldn't handle the pipe and wrenches due to the heat

you said you couldn't even work with gloves on

no glove, no love

rick.
                          Yeah,the day before...Remember,the hotter day
                          And that was at 2:00 after the heat peak.

The gloves of love had the fingertips cut off for finesse.Everthing had to be fisted.
                          Changed to gardeners gloves for us to load the Rothenbereger 22A.

Comment

You're all wimps! GLOVES ARE FOR WELDING !!!!!
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              You're all wimps! GLOVES ARE FOR WELDING !!!!!
                              whimps

i only use gloves when i tig weld. mig and arc are bare hands

i've been using medical nitrile gloves more and more when i drain clean. phoebe doesn't like dirty hands

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X