X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Hour sewer rod

got a call for a leaky toilet customer says he is getiny musty smell from crawl space and thaught the seal on toilet was leaking so I removed the panel for crawl space and was looking in and had customer flush toilet and water came out of clay tile joints and all over . Well toilets leaking all right all over had to rodd sewer luckly he had a 6" C/O in his driveway he didnt no about 8 years hes lived there probably been backing up for 6 of them for how much roots I got out and yes I did sell him 4LBS rootx after 3 hour roding with 2" 3" 4" and 4"x5" blade he should be good for a good 2 years now and also had to bust out the K 7500 11/16" cable . The K-60 just said no way to this one
    Attached Files
    Last edited by post plumber; 09-29-2010, 11:08 PM.
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Re: 3 Hour sewer rod

Them are the rod jobs I live for. I love to get in there and get the line open with the two inch cutter, then shoot the camera down the line and show them all the joints that have the heavy roots coming in. Then I go in with the three and four inch blades. Then I run the camera down again and show them how well I cleaned the line. When they see the before and after pics they are very impressed with the job they where given.

Last time I had roots like that was in Brookfield, and Lagrange Highlands area.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

thats what I did love that little micro cam I got now I can see how good I get line open and if I need to rod more I live for these types of sewers
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

you guys are allowed clay under the house

for us it has to be a minimum of 2' beyond the outside of the structure.

of course when someone does an addition and are too lazy to replace the line, it's been known to be under the house.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

of course when someone does an addition and are too lazy to replace the line, it's been known to be under the house.

rick.
          This house was a old sears catalog house from way back when 30s or 40s and yes sold by SEARS so what the coad was back then I dont know but now no has to be cast or pvc under ground depending on area
          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

What kind of tree please. Well done
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
              Rick, Chicago is an OLD city. Clay was allowed underground inside the house in many towns up through the 50's and 60's.

Nearly every house in the town where my shop is located is 6" tile from the saddle all the way to the house, under the footing, under the concrete floor the length of the house, then back under the footing to the catch basin (varies slightly depending on the layout of the house).

Only the really savvy towns required cast iron back in the bungalow boom.

City of Chicago code says it has to be cast iron under the house now. State of IL code allows schedule 40 PVC.

I've heard stories of Orangeburg Pipe under basement floor in a couple towns. Never seen that for myself though (thank the lord!)

-Chris

Comment

Working...
              X