X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricks Reverse Auger Rules!

Had a code red call today. 6:00 am. Research facility for primates.2 other plumbers had already been called out and could not relieve the stoppage. I get there meet my contact , get dressed in our decontamination outfits and in we go. Get to the room they are having the issues in and there are about 2-3 doz. monkeys in there . Caged of course. Well they have a trough drain about 10" wide x 10" deep by about 20' or so from each end . And it is full of yep monkey pee and poopthe thing had been stopped up for 2 weeks one guy told me. The smell was really bad. So got busy snaking . K-60 of course 3" drain line w/ 5/8" cables. I tried different heads trying to get through the trap . Funnel auger went through but would not relieve the stoppage . So . I remembered someone named Rick . Thanks Rick for telling me about his AWSOME reverse auger. I did make one but had not quite finished it with the heat treating etc. I said time for the secret weapon. Pulled out the cables I had run , put on the auger cable and in no time saw the water level slowly dropping in the trough. Pulled back a few time and power flushed with the hose. Because of all the hair and what not in the drain the only thing that was making it was the reverse auger..I will post pictures of what the reverse auger retrieved . It is quite unbelievable . Now what they really need is a jetter but thats later. Just wanted to share my sucess story with the reverse auger
    Attached Files
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Ricks Reverse Auger Rules!

glad you got it. looks like a treasure chest of goodies you removed.

did you really think i was stretching the truth

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      glad you got it. looks like a treasure chest of goodies you removed.

did you really think i was stretching the truth

rick.
      No way..I did feel like I was bringing up pieces of the Titanic . I still cannot believe what that bad boy retrieved and you know there is probably more .I'll just wait for the next call. Atleast none of the little monkeys were slingin' poo. Maybe they felt sorry for me. Oh well looks like we can have fun with this one anyhow

Comment

Research facility, or medieval torture chamber???
        Makes you wonder with all that stuff in the first pic.

GOOD JOB!!!
        You gota' love it when "the other guy" couldn't get it and you come in and save the day. I love those kind of jobs!
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          Research facility, or medieval torture chamber???
          Makes you wonder with all that stuff in the first pic.

GOOD JOB!!!
          You gota' love it when "the other guy" couldn't get it and you come in and save the day. I love those kind of jobs!
          Yep it blew my mind what I was bringing back. And that wasn't even with the finishing touches on the auger. Next I am making one in 7/8" . Believe me

Comment

Question. How about using a 6 hp gas trash pump in that situation? It would allow You to work like a gentleman with Your drain Equept. YOU ARE THE MAN, CUBSCOUT !
            I'm 67, WANNA WRESTLE ?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Question. How about using a 6 hp gas trash pump in that situation? It would allow You to work like a gentleman with Your drain Equept. YOU ARE THE MAN, CUBSCOUT !
              I'm 67, WANNA WRESTLE ?

Lost me whatever .Thanks for the kudos

Comment

You are not old In that picture ! Now I'm the oldest here!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thats a great feeling when they call you cause the other plumber could not open the line and you get it good job
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    I'm 67, WANNA WRESTLE ?
                    Did I mention that this was inside a facility with probably 3 doz. monkeys probably about $1,000,000.00 ea. Thats alot of monkeys to kill w/ carbon monoxide poisoning from a trash pump. I understand what you are saying though . Trust me the last thing on my mind was trying to work like a gentleman with my equipment atleast in this case. They could see I was trying though .

Comment

We been doing this work at a large bread bakery for 30 years. Then one year they got bought by another bakery corporation. The new bosses used their own contractors, so basically we lost the account for a whole year.

Then I get a call from one of the head guys from the old management telling me to get my arse over there. The new management's plumber could not get a wash down drain open and was telling them it would cost them 35 K to open up the floor and such. The old management guy told the new guys call A-Archer, if they can not get the line open no one can. Six hours later, we removed 16 pounds of hardware out of the drain with retriever augers. The drain was running like brand new. Ever since we been the only service plumber called again by the new and old management.

Having tools in your arsenal to open the line is always the key. My rodding bucket has over 20 different cutters and augers in it for clearing 4" and up lines.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                      X