X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root Ranger Nozzle for Sale

I listed a Brand New Root Ranger Nozzle on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ridgid-Root-Rang...item3cb1439525

Thanks!

Re: Root Ranger Nozzle for Sale

Yeah,I gotta work on getting me one.Bill over in OZ sent out a few front nozzles for review.It'd be respectable to get one going and give Bill some props.

Nice clean unit A.R.G.

Comment

probably the best root cutting nozzle for small gpm machines. set up for 3000psi @ 4gpm.

i would go for it, but i already have it along with the 1/2'' version.

looking for the triple rotor version with front rotor that nozlle will destroy anything in it's path with my eyes closed

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

great nozzle.
        I have been using mine for over a year now and great results.
        Only 4 gpm and 3k but the best for smaller machine like mine.
        If you have a larger flow and psi jetter you can use warthog
        ( in my opinion) to better effect however the root ranger can do a lot of damage when used right!!
        like rick said

Comment

Apparently some plumbers have been known to use their 1/4" Root Ranger on 6000psi 7gpm Jetters!! Now that would be cool to watch!
          Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

what's the max pressure it can take bill? how high can you run it before it'll cut abs? A plant I worked at had a water jet machine for cutting plate steel... I think that ran around 20 kpsi... but that was with an abrasive slurry.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

They are rated at 3000psi. They will handle double that but a 2 to 1 safety factor keeps everyone happy from a legal point.

If you really want it to cut tough roots, through a handful of granite fines down the drain. It doubles the cutting strength but also increases the chance of cutting through the pipe. As they are the RR will not damage sound pipe.

If you leave any nozzle in one position in a drain full of sand you will eventually sandblast a hole through the side of the pipe.

If you want a real thrill try the 1/2" RR on the end of a 1/2" hose at 4000psi 18gpm! Rick has a USJ 4018.... He knows what I mean!
              Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

hey my jetter is a 8gpm 3500psi 3/8 hose, will this nozzle be good for this set-up?

Comment

at 8 gpm, you would want a larger turbine jetting. or you could get the twin turbine both set for 4 gpm, but it won't do 3''.

bill will probably answer tonight.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

thanks rick, i`ll see what bill thinks about my set up.also most of my jetting is 4 inch cast and 6 inch clay.
                    ray

Comment

Working...
                    X