K50 roots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K50 roots?

Not sure if I pushed the K50 too hard but the pic shows some roots I pulled from a 40mm pvc condensate drain line last week using my K50 with the 3/8 drum attachment.

I wouldn't normally use it for this but my jetter whip hose wouldn't make it past the 40mm trap which was below the concrete floor and this was the only option.

I haven't used the K50 much, is this too much for it or should I go in harder next time? I was super carefull not to twist up the cable.
    Attached Files

Re: K50 roots?

40mm is slightly larger than our typical 1.5'' traps.

the 5/8'' sectional will be safer and do a better job than the 3/8'' drum cable. they also make a tight wind 5/8'' x 10' cable if need be, but might be too tight for the 40mm trap.

the cut off reverse auger will work wonders

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by epc View Post
      Not sure if I pushed the K50 too hard but the pic shows some roots I pulled from a 40mm pvc condensate drain line last week using my K50 with the 3/8 drum attachment.

I wouldn't normally use it for this but my jetter whip hose wouldn't make it past the 40mm trap which was below the concrete floor and this was the only option.

I haven't used the K50 much, is this too much for it or should I go in harder next time? I was super carefull not to twist up the cable.
      nice grab with 3/8" cable had to be hard hats off to you
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        40mm is slightly larger than our typical 1.5'' traps.

the 5/8'' sectional will be safer and do a better job than the 3/8'' drum cable. they also make a tight wind 5/8'' x 10' cable if need be, but might be too tight for the 40mm trap.

the cut off reverse auger will work wonders

rick.
        I probably should have tried the 5/8 sectional cable but I didn't think I'd have a hope of getting the connections round the trap.

I will make up a 40mm waste and trap in the shed and give it a try. My K50 is so new I still haven't used the 5/8 cable yet!

Cheers Phil.

Comment

Working...
        X