Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are sectionals really all they're cracked up to be?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are sectionals really all they're cracked up to be?

Houses are 90% plastic of some sort throughout, a few are iron underslab/clay services, some copper waste, some galvanized, but again, the vast majority plastic from fixture to main.

Commercial/multi-unit residential typically cinh to the footer, pvc to the main.

Main reason roofs are silly here is that the single story ranch with two baths on one wet wall, a 4" vent, and a roof pitched so you can walk on it even w/o snow just does not exist here, at least in any meaningful numbers. vents here just are, for the most part, not good accesses even leaving aside the hassles of getting to them.

I agree, plastic is just better, other than noise and toxic fumes in a fire. A case in point is two codo complexes. Same era, essentially the same buildings, one has ci dwv, one abs. Manged by same person in same company. I do all their drain work so it's not like there are problems there I don't know about. I'm doing something, maintenence jetting on services, a sink stack, something on the ci buildings monthly. I'm in the abs ones maybe once/yr.

That said, I still use a camera at least weekly, usually 3 or more times/week.
    Last edited by Ace Sewer; 11-11-2010, 08:42 AM.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I used our K-60 last night, really I did
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

we have a sectional in the family room and it has worked out nicely. i don't know why anyone would not want one.

oh...wait, you were taking about drain cleaning equipment weren't you
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
          That would be awesome to see. I'm quite intrigued by the timberwolf set up. UnclogNH seems to like his a lot too. Maybe it's a coastal thing, cause I've never seen anyone around me use that set up. Some guys use the Eel model C, but mostly I see it at rental shops.

Let me know if you do!

-Chris
          Can some please post a pic of the timberwolf setup with the cable end.?? Also can you use the set up with 5/8" and 7/8" cables or just 1 1/4" ?
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            Can some please post a pic of the timberwolf setup with the cable end.?? Also can you use the set up with 5/8" and 7/8" cables or just 1 1/4" ?
            Here you go a picture of drill set up. You can get an adaptor to run 5/8 from electric eel I used to run the 5/8 also years ago no problems it's called J cable. Now I only run the eel 1.25 cable with it.

Attached Files
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Thanks for the pic ..That bad boy still scares the cra* outta me though!

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                Here you go a picture of drill set up. You can get an adaptor to run 5/8 from electric eel I used to run the 5/8 also years ago no problems it's called J cable. Now I only run the eel 1.25 cable with it.

How hard is that thing on the wrists ? What's top RPM ? If you have this why the need for a K-60 ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  How hard is that thing on the wrists ? What's top RPM ? If you have this why the need for a K-60 ?

Or a 1500 ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    Not much on the rists just let go of the trigger.
                    Why a need for the k60? Try running the drill and eel set up on your knee's
                    with not much room to move and low over head tuff on the back.
                    K60 would make that job easier.
                    Clearing roots would be as easy as 1,2,3
                    1 being my DM-55 long runs and over head sewers 2 being drill & eel raw root & hard blockage power were space allows 3 K60 Tight spots good mid range machine low over head and crawl spaces. Each machine has an advantage over each other why not have all the advantage you can get? Oh no 3rd picture I don't have a k60 Yet soon have to find the right deal

Attached Files
                    Last edited by UnClogNH; 11-16-2010, 11:40 PM.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I just dont know, I rather use my K-7500 on roots as it will rip em right out.
                      The K-60 takes all day as it dosen`t have any power.

I too own a sectional but it`s in my livingroom
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X