• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm On the Ball ....AGAIN!

Some of you might remember the blue ball found in a sewer last year:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26178

Now I found ANOTHER blue ball in a kitchen drain line

Back story: customer has had numerous stoppages of the kitchen sink line under the slab. We've cleared it 2 times in the past 2 years and she had other companies do the same. I don't know why customers call several different companies to perform the same service

I cleared it easily but find lots of grease and recommend jetting. After looking at the video, she agrees. I jet the line and found a blue ball stuck to the top of the pipe. I concentrated the jetter on that thing for 20 minutes and it didn't budge I ran the cable again and it wouldn't even tickle it

Did a sample report on RidgidConnect www.RIDGIDCONNECT.com

Job Code: JEBPH - BLUEBALL

I watched the 'before' video 10 times and still don't see the ball. Must have been buried in the grease.

Re: I'm On the Ball ....AGAIN!

Poor PC. Blue Balls.

J.C.

Comment

Questions:

Is it blocking the drain completely?

Or is it just sitting somewhere and letting stuff go around it?

How far down is it?

Racquetball?

Is it up against something where you could push on it with any pressure?

Guess I should register and look at the report.

J.C.

Comment

[QUOTE=JCsPlumbing;313891
        Guess I should register and look at the report.
        [/QUOTE]
        No need to register, just type in the code in PC's first post and you can see it.

Comment

Thanks. Just watched the ball titled one.

Why do we/you get into these things? How do you get the ball stuck good to the top of an open drain?

The size looks more super ballish than racquet ballish. Don't know man. Do you have some sort of expanding cutter that would hug the wall?

P.S. You are both very fortunate and unfortunate to have some bad looking drain systems there.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
            No need to register, just type in the code in PC's first post and you can see it.
            for the lazy ones.....

http://www.ridgidconnect.com/Home.as...KjHJ6MRA%3d%3d

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Thanks. Just watched the ball titled one.

Why do we/you get into these things? How do you get the ball stuck good to the top of an open drain?

The size looks more super ballish than racquet ballish. Don't know man. Do you have some sort of expanding cutter that would hug the wall?

P.S. You are both very fortunate and unfortunate to have some bad looking drain systems there.

J.C.
              I have to think the line was partially stopped up when the ball got in there, floated to the top and grease dried around it.

My only access is through a 1-1/2" copper vent or 3" floor drain. Neither will accept an expanding cutter. She saw water running under the ball and decided it was clear enough for her and shooed me out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                I have to think the line was partially stopped up when the ball got in there, floated to the top and grease dried around it.

My only access is through a 1-1/2" copper vent or 3" floor drain. Neither will accept an expanding cutter. She saw water running under the ball and decided it was clear enough for her and shooed me out the door.
                I figured as much. But I get a feel for people & you seem like me that it pisses you off and you still want to work on it 'til you get how "you want it."

J.C.

Comment

looks like an old time cast iron pipe.

the best, but not necessarily the simplest is to reverse jet it.

anyway to get to a downstream c/o? jetting from downstream back up will allow you to drag out the debris and the ball, plus use a larger jetter and or a chain knocker to loosen up the crud.

all you can do is lead her to the water, but you can't make her drink it.

you have it all documented and when she calls to say it's plugged again, you could bring back up the report and recommendations.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

looks like a smalle marble {on a side note what did you do to get the other ball out of the line as you never said on the blue ball post }
                    Last edited by post plumber; 10-17-2010, 08:50 PM. Reason: just read first title
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                      looks like a smalle marble {on a side note what did you do to get the other ball out of the line as you never said on the blue ball post }
                      We never went back

I drive by that house twice a week and wonder if that ball is still there. The house was for sale last spring. I don't think it sold though.

I hate not having closure

Comment

We never went back

I drive by that house twice a week and wonder if that ball is still there. The house was for sale last spring. I don't think it sold though.

I hate not having closure
                        Probably because of that ball you left in the drain.

Sleep well Bill.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                          Yeah a marble I was thinking also. Could be a biggy too !. Can you run a chain knocker down there. I want to get the one for 2" . I bet that would knock down the build up a lot..
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What was the drain for? Did a dishwasher drain into it?

Comment

cool now you have a set of blue BALLS

Some of you might remember the blue ball found in a sewer last year:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26178

Now I found ANOTHER blue ball in a kitchen drain line

Back story: customer has had numerous stoppages of the kitchen sink line under the slab. We've cleared it 2 times in the past 2 years and she had other companies do the same. I don't know why customers call several different companies to perform the same service

I cleared it easily but find lots of grease and recommend jetting. After looking at the video, she agrees. I jet the line and found a blue ball stuck to the top of the pipe. I concentrated the jetter on that thing for 20 minutes and it didn't budge I ran the cable again and it wouldn't even tickle it

Did a sample report on RidgidConnect www.RIDGIDCONNECT.com

Job Code: JEBPH - BLUEBALL

I watched the 'before' video 10 times and still don't see the ball. Must have been buried in the grease.
                              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                              1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                              X