Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to drain blockages

Hi
    I am a plumber living in Melbourne Australia, up untill now I have mostly worked in the plumbing on new homes. I am looking to get into more maintenance work. I would like to also offer the service of clearing blockages.
    I have hired the K1500 machine previuosly and think it is ok.
    The most common blocked drains in the area are caused by tree roots getting into old earthenware drains.
    If I were to buy one machine for the purpose of unblocking drains, what shoudl I buy??

Re: new to drain blockages

Originally posted by luke plumber View Post
    Hi
    I am a plumber living in Melbourne Australia, up untill now I have mostly worked in the plumbing on new homes. I am looking to get into more maintenance work. I would like to also offer the service of clearing blockages.
    The most common blocked drains in the area are caused by tree roots getting into old earthenware drains.
    If I were to buy one machine for the purpose of unblocking drains, what shoudl I buy??
    1 machine will not cut it sorry to say depending on what you are limiting your self to you will need more for example I own 1 Rig. K-60 7/8" cables for main sewers up to 4" if you get 5/8" cables that will work in K-60 as well as the machine works with both cables but I also have an electic eel drum with 5/8" x 50' and a electric eel drum machine with 5/8" cable x 75' yes 2 different machines for kitchens & floor drains and I have a Rig K-45AF for lavs & tubs now the K-60 could do the job as the electric eel but I like the drum machines for under kitchen sinks plus I am looking to get a K-7500 now or soon so for one machine K-60 with 7/8" for main sewers and 5/8" cables for kitchens and get a k-39af or K45-AF
    Last edited by post plumber; 10-17-2010, 09:06 PM. Reason: I stinck at spelling thats why I am a plumber
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

the k-60 is the best all around machine period. with the right cables and cutters, you can do 1.5''/ 38mm - 4''/ 100mm with roots and up to 6'' 150mm with some roots.

the 1500 is a good machine, but an overkill for most jobs. it's heavy and takes up room.

do a search on the k-60 and you will see countless threads and photos of the k-60 in action. it's the little machine that gets it done.

if you need a personal demo of the k-60 in action, i can meet you at flinders park

rick.

ps. welcome to the forum. lots of your locals here too.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Hi

As you said most sewers are earthenware and tree roots have enter them here in Melbourne so I would go for the K-1500 its served me well over the last 35 years with the 40mm cable.
        Rick has this medical problem K-60 Eytiss where all he can think of are K-60`s he also has this uncontrolable travelling bug so be really careful and never mention where you come from.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          the k-60 is the best all around machine period. with the right cables and cutters, you can do 1.5''/ 38mm - 4''/ 100mm with roots and up to 6'' 150mm with some roots.

the 1500 is a good machine, but an overkill for most jobs. it's heavy and takes up room.

do a search on the k-60 and you will see countless threads and photos of the k-60 in action. it's the little machine that gets it done.

if you need a personal demo of the k-60 in action, i can meet you at flinders park

rick.

ps. welcome to the forum. lots of your locals here too.
          Funny stuff....I saw the title of the thread and thought you would be the first to reply. Busy day?
          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
            Funny stuff....I saw the title of the thread and thought you would be the first to reply. Busy day?
            always a busy day

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Hi
              a jetter
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Luke, if you buy an eel, you will be the in the minority in Australia. Our drains are a lot easier to clear than the drains in the US. See our current specials at www.thejettersedge.com.au It will cost you the same as a cup of coffee every day to finance. I also have a second hand eel if you need one although it has not been used for many years!
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

100% with you and Ace, Bill!! I have cables and am not about to get rid of them, but I like jetting a lot better. Don't have the experience some on the forum do(Ron,Rick) but have had good success jetting PVC. Moderate/mixed success with old Cast iron. Aussie drains easier to clean than US drains?? Why is that? More plastic? One feature I like about plastic fittings is they are more "directional" in addition to being smoother. Want to upgrade my nozzles, but holding off til I upgrade my jetter; I like the Racejet 5K on your website. I recently learned through this site and personal experience that my 1/8" reel coupled with my electric pump are just this side of worthless. Seems that jumping up to just 3/16" makes a huge difference but I didn't know when I bought. Enjoyed the videos, Bill.

Comment

Working...
                  X