X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pears in the toilet...

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
    What brand/style do you recommend? I'm guessing it doesn't start with an R

I've been thinking about getting a drop head. I'm not liking the results of my bulb head.

IE: That broccoli. I relived the clog but the WC still flushed lazy. I could feel something ever so slight at the horn and I suspected wax ring, but nothing on the bulb.
    Gene, get a General drop head with 6 foot extender. Worth every dime Have pulled everything out of toilets.
    I have a Ridgid bulb head and I won't even put it in my truck.
    Last edited by UnClogNH; 10-22-2010, 10:03 PM.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I own two Ridgid K-6 augers and love them both. I refuse to get a drop head auger though. The key to the Ridgid is to take a chisel and cut of the first couple of loops of the auger to make a nice hook out of the auger.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      Ron's Facebook
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
        Gene, get a General drop head with 6 foot extender. Worth every dime Have pulled everything out of toilets.
        Thats the one I'm leaning toward actually.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I had a friend two weeks ago drop her cellphone in the toilet after we both had a few too many rum runners........stuck in the back of the trap. Last week I had a retired plastic surgeon that i know flush 3 pieces of paper and a manila envelope that he had ripped up because he said they were "sensitive documents".....so much of common sense with people making half a million per year......

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            I own two Ridgid K-6 augers and love them both. I refuse to get a drop head auger though. The key to the Ridgid is to take a chisel and cut of the first couple of loops of the auger to make a nice hook out of the auger.

Why do you refuse to use a drop head?
            I have used them a few times but in those instances I don't think bulb vrs drop head would have mattered, so I don't have enough to form an opinion.

Should I be aware of some kind of problem/flaw with drop heads?
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
              Last week I had a retired plastic surgeon that i know flush 3 pieces of paper and a manila envelope that he had ripped up because he said they were "sensitive documents....
              Key word being "sensitive" not "flushable"

His wife must have been happy...a clogged WC caused by pics and the blackmail letter from his mistress

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                Key word being "sensitive" not "flushable"

His wife must have been happy...a clogged WC caused by pics and the blackmail letter from his mistress
                Let's hope she doesn't read this thread....

Oh, spare rib bone. (I got that without having to pull the toilet. Back of the drop head caught it on the way back. Lucky! ). Whiskey bottle. All sorts of kids toys, toothbrushes, combs, yadda.
                Last edited by geno gardner; 10-23-2010, 05:58 AM.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                  Samsies

Comment

Working...
                  X