X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pears in the toilet...

Had a call yesterday where the woman flushed some pears down the toilet since they were going bad. Why she did not put them in the garbage or disposer is beyond me. After a little work with 2 different closet augers the toilet was cleared and working normally.

Got me thinking, anybody else run across food plugging up a toilet?

Re: Pears in the toilet...

Do you count Large aquarium fish

Its a food group

Comment

I had a lady call me one day with a clogged toilet, turns out she dumped all the left overs of sundays roast in the toilet, pulled out celery,carrots,onions potatos and a good 3 lb chunk of roast !

Comment

I had a lady call me she flushed down a pot of pea soup and the ham bone was still in it. Thing was her water closet was one of them $5000 one piece jobs. Took a little time but I got it out.

Had another job where the husband got mad at the wife for not making the cabbage with the corned beef. So he cut the two heads of cabbage into quarters and feed them to the garbage disposal. Afterwords he went down stairs to use the bathroom only to find his water closet overflowing with shredded cabbage. His house didn't even have a clean out on the stack. We had to cut one in and jet the line clear.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I had a call one winter, a ladies little girl flushed a pork chop bone. I had to pop the WC and take it out side and shake the SH!T out of it.

Now the funny part is the drive way and side walk where glare ice so I had to go onto a 4’ high snow bank and shake it, by the time I was done I had several Nabors watching me shake a toilet on a 4’ snow bank in the middle of winter freezing my A$$ off…

I can only imagine what the Nabors were thinking>
          Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
          1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
            I had a call one winter, a ladies little girl flushed a pork chop bone. I had to pop the WC and take it out side and shake the SH!T out of it.

Now the funny part is the drive way and side walk where glare ice so I had to go onto a 4’ high snow bank and shake it, by the time I was done I had several Nabors watching me shake a toilet on a 4’ snow bank in the middle of winter freezing my A$$ off…

I can only imagine what the Nabors were thinking>
            Ill bet they were thinking...Dont eat the yellow snow !

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
              Do you count Large aquarium fish

Its a food group

Did you find Nemo?

Comment

Broccoli stalks. Someone needs to chew better
                Attached Files
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Had a call for a peach last month. The HO's son dropped it in on purpose to see if it would flush. It went down, but not through.

Comment

Just about every toilet stoppage I've been to is a food stoppage...or WAS food at one time

A few years ago had an apple stuck in a bowl. Ended up having to pull the toilet and smash the bowl to get the apple back. My bulb head toilet auger cored a hole right through the middle of it but couldn't push or pull it back. Threw that auger away and got a drop head one. Never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      Just about every toilet stoppage I've been to is a food stoppage...or WAS food at one time

A few years ago had an apple stuck in a bowl. Ended up having to pull the toilet and smash the bowl to get the apple back. My bulb head toilet auger cored a hole right through the middle of it but couldn't push or pull it back. Threw that auger away and got a drop head one. Never looked back.
                      What brand/style do you recommend? I'm guessing it doesn't start with an R

I've been thinking about getting a drop head. I'm not liking the results of my bulb head.

IE: That broccoli. I relived the clog but the WC still flushed lazy. I could feel something ever so slight at the horn and I suspected wax ring, but nothing on the bulb.
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Pulled out at different times, a jar of pickles, a chicken breast, a dog bone put there by a dog, a credit card, and a cell phone.

Comment

Originally posted by batson View Post
                          Pulled out at different times, a jar of pickles, a chicken breast, a dog bone put there by a dog, a credit card, and a cell phone.
                          Dam ! beat me to the cell phone..Yeah a flip phone that was open . Pulled the wc . Looked up there and told my buddy "Can you hear me now?" He couldn't believet it. Bulb end closet kept passing right by it..I have a pair of nice needle nose pliers with the 90 bend on the end..Yep it came out in pieces though.Think I still have pics I will post if I find em'.
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ive had Tons of things in a toilet....from thomas the train to a shot glass, to a battery operated boyfriend.....

had to break the toilet outside to get the fem. toy out and she ran back in the house after i found it. didnt know how to react.

what other crazy stuff have you guys found in toilets????

Comment

Pears in the toilet....

Ain't that a mixed drink?

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X