X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-50 Noise

I did a search for this topic but only found a solution to the K-60 noise issue.

I bought a K-50 and some cable off Craigslist today. Dirt cheap. I didn't need or want another one but when the price is this low you just do it.

Makes some racket when it's turned on and just idling there. All the K-50's I've had make some noise but this one is too loud for my liking. Never had one that ran silent.

I pulled the head off and turned the motor on. It sounds good so the problem is in the head. I stripped it down, cleaned and greased everything. Still the same noise. Sounds like bearing noise but they looked fine.

Can the bearings be bad enough to make noise even if they look fine?

What else should I be looking for?

Re: K-50 Noise

bearings and the bevel and pinon gear.

page 20 part 11-12. http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/B44C763...ts_Catalog.pdf

check for rust and wire brush. add some grease to the gears, and see if that helps.

rick.

if that doesn't work, i have 1 for you
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: K-50 Noise

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      bearings and the bevel and pinon gear.

page 20 part 11-12. http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/B44C763...ts_Catalog.pdf

check for rust and wire brush. add some grease to the gears, and see if that helps.

rick.

if that doesn't work, i have 1 for you
      Yea, I checked the gears they look fine with no metal shavings in the grease so it must be the bearings.

Now, dig down deep into your well of knowledge and tell me the size of the thrush bearings I need. RidgidParts.com wants nearly $60 EACH I'm sure I can buy the same bearings for under $20 from VXB

Comment

Working...
      X