X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Jetter Question

A plumbing mate I help out has a 5000psi 24 Litre/minute jetter and on some occasions when he is cleaning a sewerage pipe and sends done around 50mts of hose from his mini reel with a rootax nozzle on it he cannot pull the hose out no matter what he does without having to call me for the extra set of hands and pulling power so what is the problem and the rootex jetter nozzle has no jagged edges for roots to grab onto and the jetting hose is the same or is it just the length and weight of the hose.???

Tony

Re: A Jetter Question

AFM, by rootax noozle do you mean the same as a warthog? If so the only times i have trouble getting mine back is when I try to pull it back through a 90mm x 90deg bend then it catches on the length of it and ive had to dig more than once to get it back!!!

The only other thing I can think of is when there are lots of roots behind it this can create a problem when pulling back so i let it work on the roots and pull back slowly. If you pull back too quickly it can create a wedge off roots behind the nozzle.

Hope this helps.

Comment

shut off the water

actually the vibra pulse with a lower pressure will help break the hose friction on the walls of the pipe.

i've been stuck, and had to winch mine out, but it turned out to be bad pipe/ fittings.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by epc View Post
        AFM, by rootax noozle do you mean the same as a warthog? If so the only times i have trouble getting mine back is when I try to pull it back through a 90mm x 90deg bend then it catches on the length of it and ive had to dig more than once to get it back!!!

The only other thing I can think of is when there are lots of roots behind it this can create a problem when pulling back so i let it work on the roots and pull back slowly. If you pull back too quickly it can create a wedge off roots behind the nozzle.

Hope this helps.
        No its not a warthog its a one peace nozzle which starts out at 3/8" where it connects to the hose and opens out at the jetting end which looks like a small ball and the the hose is getting stuck in 100mm (4") earthenware pipes

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          shut off the water

actually the vibra pulse with a lower pressure will help break the hose friction on the walls of the pipe.

i've been stuck, and had to winch mine out, but it turned out to be bad pipe/ fittings.

rick.
          My mate turns the water pressure on and off over and over again while trying to pull the hose out but you wouldn`t beleave the force needed to remove it I have been wondering about the friction in an earthenware pipe or is it that the nozzle has not cleared the roots completly out but only blown a hole through them and colasped back onto the jetter nozzle and not allowing the hose to be pulled back?

Tony

Comment

probably a turn in the line that creates the big friction.

try running 10' and pull back 1' to test it. that way you get a feel for the hose and friction. at a certain point the hose will get too tight and heavy. of course if you really get caught, try some liquid soap to rinse down the line.

i'm by myself without the extra hands. so i carry a block and tackle and strapping if the going gets too tuff. the more turns, the more friction.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              probably a turn in the line that creates the big friction.

try running 10' and pull back 1' to test it. that way you get a feel for the hose and friction. at a certain point the hose will get too tight and heavy. of course if you really get caught, try some liquid soap to rinse down the line.

i'm by myself without the extra hands. so i carry a block and tackle and strapping if the going gets too tuff. the more turns, the more friction.

rick.
              A block and tackle you have to be joking just how much pulling will the jetting hose take before it parts and arn`t you scared about looseing that expensive jetter on the end of it

Tony

Comment

i can only pull by myself a couple hundred pounds. the block and tackle make it easy to pull. this only happens on a couple jobs with multiple 90's.

i typically don't have access above the c/o with my jetter reel to allow the electric/ hydraulic reel it in for me.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X