• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good or Gimmicky?

Wondering what the drain pros think...

http://www.drainbrain.com/cutters/ClogChopper.html

J.C.

Re: Good or Gimmicky?

WOW! I would love to try that bad boy . Do they make adapters for Ridgid cables? Probably not.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I would be afraid of getting stuck in roots. It looks cool but I would want to see it in action before I tried it.

Comment

I like the roundness of it.I'm not scared of getting hung up on roots.I bet that thing gets busy on roots..
        Last edited by OLD1; 10-25-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I'll stick to my spiral root cutter for now

I wonder what it could do to a wasteline clogged with urinal scale?

Self sharpening? I'll believe THAT when I see it

OKAY I'm in!...who's with me?

Comment

General offers a variety of sizes, and connector options, including for our drum type cables and sectional G connectors, as well as for Ridgid® and Electric Eel® connectors.

Guess I should have read all the way through . Gonna do a bit more research now.

Comment

I have to get me one of them. If I recall AJ Colemane has an adapter to use general cutters on the Spartan end. They do make it to fit the Ridgid Sectional cables. Oh wait They make them to fit the eclectic Eel 1 1/4 cable L connector, and I have a 3/4 spartan to Eel cable adapter so I can use Eel cutters on the 3/4" cable. SO I need to order up the ones for the Eel.

Marv if you are reading this I am calling in the morning I need to order up some other blades as well.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              Ron's Facebook
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                WOW! I would love to try that bad boy . Do they make adapters for Ridgid cables? Probably not.
                If you look at there page go down they have them for the ridgid 5/8" 7/8" & 1 1/4" sectionals
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

not to mention I think I am going to try one
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                    If you look at there page go down they have them for the ridgid 5/8" 7/8" & 1 1/4" sectionals
                    now I will quote myself as I didnt read thread all the way down befor I quoted you sorry old 1
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

They make adapters for ridge and eel cables along with general g couplings. I have ordered them but they are not available yet. I hope to see them soon marvin

Comment

I'm ordering one for my general 3/8 cable tomorrow morning. I was a bit dissapointed that they don't show one for the ridgid drum connector, looks like all sectionals.
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                          now I will quote myself as I didnt read thread all the way down befor I quoted you sorry old 1
                          It's all good ! at least we found out that they make the hook ups for our ridgid cables. I love to try new cutter heads.If you really look at the heads ridgid has (and I own all of them ) they are a little limited on selection meaning that when I encounter a stoppage I want to run the biggest head, cable I can get through the line. Example . 3" stack with test tee. 7/8" cables with certain heads aren't happening. Seems like most of their heads are designed for 4" lines. I would like to see more of a selection for 3" pipe . I hate running a 2 1/4" sawtooth cutter just to get through the 3" knowing it is going to change to 4" in a few feet but the head struggles. Thats all

Comment

uh,,,,,,,how much are they? (4") That will be the factor that sways me to try one.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I'd probably pick one up if they had adapters for Ridgid drum cables. But price is also a factor. That thing looks fancy (read: expensive).
                              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                              X