X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rick's 7/8" Reverse Auger

Originally posted by dcman View Post
    Thanks guys!!

Old1-- The way I read your last post, you run all open wound? I am still waiting on two sections of i.c. cable...so theoritically I could be cabling sewers with out i.c. leaders?

And yes I was monkeying around with that stupid a88 velcro thing...think I will just extension cord up to it...

Last deal...does nobody make a adapter to allow me to use the buttload of cutters from my 3/4" general wire cable to the 7/8" sectonial cable??
    Yep , I have been running all open wind..No problems so far..I clear sewers all the time with the open wind..A few people on here suggest using the i.c especially on longer stoppages..I guess the i.c cables absorb more of the cable wanting to bind up / spring back .

Trust me I have had to stop people from un doing the velcro..It sucks especially after it gets wet..No problems I bought a 3 way extension with the light up plug .Thats useful for a drop light etc and to find your cord in the dark

Not sure about the adapter ..I hope you find it.That would be nice to use the cutters you already have ..Keep us posted on your k-60 adventures
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
      Yep , I have been running all open wind..No problems so far..I clear sewers all the time with the open wind..A few people on here suggest using the i.c especially on longer stoppages..I guess the i.c cables absorb more of the cable wanting to bind up / spring back .

Trust me I have had to stop people from un doing the velcro..It sucks especially after it gets wet..No problems I bought a 3 way extension with the light up plug .Thats useful for a drop light etc and to find your cord in the dark

Not sure about the adapter ..I hope you find it.That would be nice to use the cutters you already have ..Keep us posted on your k-60 adventures
      Thanks...have a 170 foot sewer tomorrow but I plan on using the k-7500...friday digging up water main...so probably be next week till I break it in...BTW...AllenJColmen, AllStarPlumbing, Cable Center, all said they don't make an adapter so since I have like a 1K worth of cutters that pi**ed me off...so I made one
      Attached Files
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Nice work Like Hannibal Smith from the A-Team said
        "I Love when a plan comes together"
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
          Nice work Like Hannibal Smith from the A-Team said
          "I Love when a plan comes together"
          Lo Pan: [spots Gracie, Margo and Eddie on a security monitor] Who are these people? Friends of yours, huh? Now this really pisses me off to no end!

Derek

Comment

Thanks...have a 170 foot sewer tomorrow but I plan on using the k-7500...friday digging up water main...so probably be next week till I break it in...BTW...AllenJColmen, AllStarPlumbing, Cable Center, all said they don't make an adapter so since I have like a 1K worth of cutters that pi**ed me off...so I made one

Nice! Is that for the 7/8" ?

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              Nice! Is that for the 7/8" ?
              Yes I can click it on the 7/8" cable then screw in my general wire cutters!

Derek

Comment

Sweet deal I need to made an adapter for the timberwolf.. I have the male end from when I made the reverse auger ..Gotta do something with it Keep us posted on how you like the 60
                Attached Files

Comment

Are you guys running the machine in reverse when using this auger ?

Comment

http://discountsewercables.com/Sectional%20Cables.html

About halfway down the page....it just doesn't mention what size cable it's for.
                    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post

About halfway down the page....it just doesn't mention what size cable it's for.
                      Looks cool...bet its for the 5/8" cable...I'll call today and find out...thanks!!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        also keep in mind the wire gauge is much larger on the cable/ reverse auger than the funnel auger.

plus the weld is 14' 6'' away from the cutting edge.

you don't need to buy a cable for this purpose. just sacrifice your older cable that might have a kink or a bad connector on 1 end.

rick.
                        So u just whack the male pin end off then make the auger...and this will sound stupid but what kind of oil do you use for quenching?

Derek

Comment

I used a mapp turbo torch to heat the tip then put it in used motor oil. Sharpened it with a regular file afterwards.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post

The make it for 5/8" and 7/8" ...you just have to specify which one you want ...thanks for the great find!!!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by dcman; 03-10-2011, 06:57 PM. Reason: Add: Something like this right?

Derek

Comment

It's also good to have when your cable gets stuck. I made one up with a Spartan end on it. Saved me A#$, my K-60 got stuck bad doing a roof job. Made the adapter, dragged my Spartan 300 on the roof and viola! Got the cable out, no problem.
                              Last edited by TomSV650; 03-11-2011, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                                It's also good to have when your cable gets stuck. I made one up with a Spartan end on it. Saved me A#$, my K-60 got stock bad doing a roof job. Made the adapter, dragged my Spartan 300 on the roof and viola! Got the cable out, no problem.

What was the benefit in using the Spartan 300 to get the cable unstuck ?

Comment

Working...
                                X