X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the K60 stuck, Jetter to the rescue

K60 got stuck around 60' out. I have had it stuck before but have always been able to free it up going back and forth from reverse to forward. I had already opened the line with the 4blade and was going in with the smallest root saw and it must have been to much for it to handle. I ended up using the jetter to blast the roots out of the way and it freed up in about 2 minutes of jetting. I finished cleaning the line with the jetter. Total cabling time 2 hours with no luck. Total jetting time 30 minutes. Set up for K60 and set up for jetting is about the same amount of time, sometimes quicker with jetter. I am about to hang up the cables and jet everything. Its faster and easier. I think can charge the same as cabling and still make money because it is so much faster.

Re: Got the K60 stuck, Jetter to the rescue

the 4 blade is not a root cutter. it's primary design is hard scale build up and i use it for grease too.

my go to cutter is the spiral root saw. in forward direction it cuts and in reverse it grabs. have never been hung up with the k-60 except the 1 time i flipped a cable but then again in the hundreds and hundreds of root jobs, 1 failure ain't bad

believe it or not, a few weeks ago the k-60 bailed out the $40,000 jetter on a baby wipe job.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

what jetter do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        the 4 blade is not a root cutter. it's primary design is hard scale build up and i use it for grease too.

my go to cutter is the spiral root saw. in forward direction it cuts and in reverse it grabs. have never been hung up with the k-60 except the 1 time i flipped a cable but then again in the hundreds and hundreds of root jobs, 1 failure ain't bad

believe it or not, a few weeks ago the k-60 bailed out the $40,000 jetter on a baby wipe job.

rick.
        I have struggled with baby whipes at times with my jetter and thats when the K1500 comes out and retrieves them. Baby whipes need to be brought back out of the drain and sometimes the jet just shoots past them I reckon.

Ive had the warthog wrap them around the hose and that pulled the whipes out ok.

Comment

I use a jetter that i bought from a supplier out of washington that went out of business or at least he doesnt answer his phone. Twin engine design two 8gpm @4000psi which gives me a total of 18gpm @4000psi. I have recently added a mini reel that is set up for 8gpm @4000psi and have been trying it out over both engines with just as much success on up to 8" and 10" lines. I will need the full 18gpm only once or twice a month on some trailer park sewers. If i had it all over to do I would have went with Jetters Edge set up. Nozzle of choice is the warthog for know but i want to get a root ranger in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

He used the 4 blade to get the line open and flowing. Sounds like he used the small spiral cutter and got stuck.

I usually use the 1-3/4" 4-blade to get the line open. I don't own the larger 4-blade cutter.

My 4 blade is pretty old and the blades are bent in, so it's really more like the general spear head.

I use it get the line open and flowing and also to probe for bad spots or possible breaks

(very important when you're rodding a 6" clay line from a catch basin that is full of waste water, so you can't use the camera to verify that the line is intact first).

Once I get the line open, I follow up with the 3" spiral root saw, Then I finish with the 4" C-cutter (sharktooth).

I believe that the Ridgid manual actually recommends to use the straight auger or spear first. (Maybe Ron can check his old toolbox that has the instructions on the inside of the lid)

I recently ordered a blade holder and a couple 2" pear blades from DCD. I'm going to try using those first once in a while (a la the spartan method) just to see.

I have never gotten the 4-blade cutter stuck in a line (any pipe AND/OR cable size). Can't say the same for the spiral cutter. I had one get lodged in the hub of a clay line once ( I did get it out in reverse, but I lost a couple lbs in sweat for those few minutes).

I also had the sawtooth cutter get stuck once last year on a brutally nasty root ball.....and a spear tip got it free.

Comment

Baby wipes should be outlawed!
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

That's why we designed the Screwdriver Nozzle. Great for baby wipes, hard root balls and dry paper chokes.

There should be a version for eel cables. Most people believe you need a point to penetrate with. Points have their use but a flat edge has 2 points and makes a great drilling tool in forward and reverse!

Attached Files
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X